Purolite is committed to R&D investment: the new “Centre of Excellence” R&D facilities built in Llantrisant, Wales, UK, are the largest in the industry.
Our fully dedicated staff of senior and junior researchers work in tight connection with private industries and academic institutions all over the world to provide you with the most sophisticated and advanced ion exchange resins and adsorbents.
In recent years, Purolite has put on the market more new products than all of our competitors combined……and our Technical Service department, managed by very skilled and experienced people, works with and for our customers to provide them with unequalled pre - and after - sales service.
Research and Development - Mission Statement
Our customers are the end users of our products and technologies. The R&D team is committed to identifying, developing and thoroughly understanding our platform technologies and providing value added products and applications to meet our customers' needs.
Work as a global team
Share knowledge and ideas across the R&D team
Plan and complete our projects on time
Consider our customers needs in every project
Almost every facet of human progress in some way depends on the benefits of ion exchange technology, because no significant activity or development can take place without solving the problem of, for example, water purity. For over 30 years, Purolite research and the ion exchange resins that resulted have helped in the evolution of essential industries, and, more importantly, in improving the quality of life in developing nations of the world. Since all we produce are ion exchange resins, all our re-investment is within ion exchange resin research and production. In addition to perfecting our existing products, we aim to discover new products for new applications. Much of our research is specific, aimed at developing technology and products that are tailored to a customer’s particular needs.
Purolite has been a pioneer in developing products that have the minimum possible environmental impact. Purolite has the largest commitment to R&D of any ion exchange resin producer globally, and we strive to develop products that will give our customers a competitive edge. We have partnership arrangements with respected academic institutions and individuals in many countries, and our customers in many different industry segments assist us in evaluating our new products.
Recent innovations include:
- The development of resins for Uranium extraction, allowing a greater efficiency of selective Uranium uptake, revolutionising the expectations of Uranium minining companies at a time when, with the increased interest in the Nuclear Power alternative to the fossil fuel route to electricity generation, demand is outstripping supply.
- New treatments for the specific removal of Arsenic, Perchlorate, Nitrate and Fluoride from potable water.
- Novel adsorbents applications continue to grow, with the removal of pesticides from potable water, and the removal of various organic solvents species from aqueous systems with our Hypersol Macronet technology and the purification of biodiesel with Purolite PD206
- Extensive trials at a warm water power station in New Zealand have demonstrated that the innovative product Purolite A555, a Type III anion exchange resin, can produce improved all-round performance improvements when compared with conventional resins. Evaluation of Purolite A555 has shown this product to exceed the life of conventional anion resins by more than 3 years in the environmental conditions to which it was subject.
- Innovative Shallow Shell Technology (SST™) is providing regenerant savings and improved performance in several 'difficult' ion exchange applications.
But perhaps the most important application is one that we haven’t yet developed!