Kirk Environmental was appointed the Main Contractor for the second Farmgen on farm AD plant in Cumbria. The plant at Dryholme Farm, near Silloth, is now fully operational and supplying enough electricity to power over 1,000 homes to the national grid.
The supply and construction by Kirk Environmental included 3 Glass Coated Steel Digestion tanks complete with BIODOME® Double Membrane Gas Holders and a reception tank complete with a GRP roof. All access steel work was supplied and fabricated in house at Kirk Environmentals workshop in Nelson, Lancashire.
Kirk Environmentals role as main contractor enabled the interface management of other suppliers on site. This is advantageous by minimising costs, program and eliminating of potential issues caused through interface.
- 2 MW facilities will generate continuous power to 1000 homes.
- Renewable energy is connected back to national grid.
- Plant will use grass silage and other crops from local farmers to produce a high yielding biogas.
- A high nutrient bio-fertiliser will be produced from the digestate to re-use on surrounding fields.
- Plant helps to protect and sustain existing land used for food production.