Authors / Editors:
Ken Ashley, Don Mavinic and Fred Koch
Price: £ 177.75 / US$ 319.95 / € 239.96
IWA members price: £ 133.50 / US$ 240.30 / € 180.23
Pages: 904 - Paperback
Closing the loop for nutrients in wastewaters (municipal sewage, animal wastes, food industry, commercial and other liquid waste streams) is a necessary, sustainable development objective, to reduce resource consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Chemistry, engineering and process integration understanding are all developing quickly, as new processes are now coming online. A new 'paradigm' is emerging, globally. Commercial marketing of recovered nutrients as 'green fertilizers' or recycling of nutrients through biomass production to new outlets, such as bioenergy, is becoming more widespread.
This exciting conference brings together various waste stream industries, regulators, researchers, process engineers and commercial managers, to develop a broad-based, intersectional understanding and joint projects for phosphorus and nitrogen recovery from wastewater streams, as well as reuse. Over 90 papers from over 30 different countries presented in this volume.
Paperback + CD-ROM
This conference is sponsored by:
• Metro Vancouver
• Global Phosphate Forum
• Stantec Consulting Ltd.
• The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
• Ostara Nutrient Recovery Technologies, Inc. (ONRTI)
• The University of British Columbia (UBC)
• The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
• The British Columbia Water and Wastewater Association (BCWWA)
• The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE)
• The Ostara Research Foundation (ORF)