3D-Micromac AG develops and manufactures highly efficient systems for laser micromachining as well as innovative coating and printing technologies. Stand-alone systems and entire production lines can be offered and are used, for example, in medical technology, the processing of semiconductors, in photovoltaics and the digital production of printed functionalities.
Our business activities
- Development, production and service of innovative systems for laser micromachining as well as printing and coating technologies
- Integration of these systems and technologies into production lines
- Retrofitting of existing laser systems
- Development of customized processes and technologies
- Production of prototypes and limited lots in our own application lab
Besides, 3D-Micromac is your competent partner for the development of new technologies and processes or customized systems.
3D-Micromac AG was founded in 2002 by Tino Petsch and Jens Hänel with six employees in Chemnitz. Since then the company has experienced continuous growth to meanwhile more than 140 employees.
Since its founding, 3D-Micromac AG has consistently focused on international and strongly growing high-tech markets. As one of the first companies worldwide 3D-Micromac has applied ultra short pulse lasers for material processing. The company developed and sold its first commercial laser micromachining system already in 2003 with integrated femto and picosecond lasers.
For its innovative capacity and business performance since its formation, 3D-Micromac AG has been honored with a number of awards. For example:
- 2012: Tino Petsch receives award as “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 2011: Winner of “Excellence Award” from Taiwan Laser Application Forum
- 2011: Winner of “futureSAX Growth Prize”
- 2011: Winner of “SPIE Green Photonics Award”
- 2007: Winner of “Innovation Award” of the Free State of Saxony
3D-Micromac AG has started early to build up sales co-operations with established partners from the laser industry as well as worldwide sales partnerships, for example in Asia and North America. Aiming at an intensified customer relationship, the foundation of 3D-Micromac America Corp. was initiated in 2010. The establishment of the subsidiary Hikali KK in Tokyo/Japan in February 2012 pursued the same intention and further deepened the international orientation of the company.
In order to provide space for the planned expansion, the new company headquarters on Smart Systems Campus Chemnitz were opened in April 2009. Due to steady growth, a second building, the microFLEX Center, was opened in May 2012.
3D-Micromac AG has gained an established position among producers of innovative laser micromachining systems in just under 10 years. The company was able to create a stable basis for dynamic growth in international markets with new, convincing products.