John K. Esler, President
John Esler is the founder and President of CPE Services, Inc & co-founder and President of Clarifiers, Inc.
His experience includes over thirty years in general construction, consulting engineering, and operator training and technical assistance.
John has served as the Design Associate on civil engineering projects, Project Manager on general construction projects, director of NYS-DEC’s certification, training and technical assistance program, and director of O&M on a large international wastewater treatment project. While with NYS-DEC, Mr. Esler was a contributor to the “Ten States Standards”, a peer-reviewer and contributor to the CSU/Sacramento “Operator Training” series, as well as to the EPA manual on “Retrofitting POTW’s”. He was also a member of the Beta team for its computer version.
B. Civil Engineering, Manhattan College
Adjunct Professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1990 – 2000
Professional Engineer: New York, New Hampshire
Associations / Activities
Water Environment Federation, Member
Operation Forum Editorial Advisory Board (former Board member)
Plant Operations Committee (past Chairman)
Industrial Wastes Committee (member)
State Water Environment Associations, Member, ( New Jersey, New York, New England, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Central States.)
Industrial Wastes Committee (New York)
American Society of Engineers, Member
Clarifier Research Technical Committee
Member, Executive Committee
- NYS Manual for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations,Editor; Principal Contributing Author
- Preliminary Treatment for Wastewater Treatment Facilities (WEF-OM-2), Principal Contributing Author
- Industrial Waste Treatment (CSU/Sacramento),Author, “Flow Measurement” chapter
- “Ten States Standards for Wastewater Treatment Works”,Principal Contributing Author, “Settling” chapter
- TR-16 / New England “Guides for the Design of Wastewater Treatment Works”,Principal Contributing Author, “Activated Sludge” chapter
- Clarifier Design (WEF MOP FD-8),Reviewer
- WEF MOP 8 on Clarifier Design: Principal Contributing author
- Operations of Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants (WEF MOP 11), Reviewer
- Handbook: “Retrofitting POTW’s” (USEPA / 625 / 6-89 / 020), Peer Reviewer, Beta Team member
- And numerous technical articles.