We design, manufacture, and supply a wide range of instruments and equipment needed by geotechnical and environmental professionals. In addition, we offer services related to our products, including training and technical support, equipment rentals, repair and calibration.
Durham Geo Slope Indicator is a well-respected brand with instruments integrated in the measurement schemes for some of the world's most important construction projects.
Our expertise is the result of many years of experience. Our geotechnical instruments have been manufactured under the Slope Indicator name since 1958; our materials testing equipment, originally under the Brainard Kilman name, since 1965; and our environmental pumps, since 1990.
- Offices in the USA, Canada, Australia and China.
- Distributors in 33 countries.
- Ninety Employees
- Recognized leader in geotechnical instrumentation.
- Approximately half of all sales generated from international business.
- Expertise in wireless remote data acquisition and control.
DGSI's customers include consulting engineers and scientists, earth and civil contractors, universities, government entities, research laboratories and civil and environmental construction companies and are spread across all states in the USA and more than 50 countries.
Our Manufacturing Operations
- Manufacturing operations in Stone Mountain, Georgia (30,000 sq. ft.(2,787m2)) and Mukilteo, Washington(22,000 sq. ft.(2,044m2)).
- 11,000 orders per year involving more than 15,000 part numbers.
- Current ISO 900 Certificate
- Research and development in both facilities is carried out by our team of electronic, mechanical, and software engineers.
What Makes Us Different?
- Single-source supplier for geotechnical and environmental products
- Direct technical support for quick, accurate answers.
- Responsive, dedicated in products and services.
- Consistent quality in products and services.
- Ability to provide specialty products.
- Rental and calibration services.
- Useful and informative web sites.
Durham Geo-Enterprise, Inc. (DGE) was organized as a Georgia corporation in 1994. In 1997, DGE purchased the assets of two business segments from Boart Longyear. These are materials testing equipment and specialized pneumatic pumps to remove contaminated groundwater.
In 1957, the first production model of the inclinometer was used to monitor movement of the Greenland Ice Cap. The operator was Stanley D. Wilson, the inventor of the inclinometer and co-founder of the Slope Indicator Company.
In November of 2000, DGE purchased the assets of Slope Indicator Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of geotechnical instrumentation. In 2009, Nova Metrix Corporation acquired Durham Geo Slope-Enterprises, Inc. Slope Indicator has been in business in the Seattle, Washington area for over 50 years.