Our history goes back to 1985, with our invention of the HydroPunch®. This pioneering direct push water sampler and its offspring, the HydroPunch II sampler for floating layers and larger volumes, were largely responsible for starting the growth of the modern direct push industry. Thus far, GeoInsight has six patents and several pending all related to direct push technology.
In 1994, GeoInsight invention struck again, producing the PowerPunch. This revolutionary tool system was the first practical approach to installing and sealing temporary or permanent small-diameter wells in one pass.
Since then, we have continued to introduce important advances in direct push well technology, with our ever-expanding line of small-diameter well components the most-used, most-imitated well screens, annular seals, and drive points on the market.
Bookmark this site and check back often. When something new hits the direct push market, this is where you'll find it first!
The products featured on this website are designed from the bottom up to provide superior tools for long term monitoring and remediation using direct push methods.
During development, we did not try to satisfy traditional monitoring well requirements. Mostly derived from production well and geotechnical drilling specifications, these require a large diameter hole and focus on optimizing well yield, pump efficiency, and sand control.
Instead, we focused on delivering the best direct push sample point possible, making sample quality the number one priority. Our sole objective was to create a system that will provide groundwater samples representative of in site conditions with minimal disturbance to the subsurface environment.
Benefits of this approach include:
- Extremely high open area (>20%) and close contact with the formation improve communication with the aquifer and upgrade performance in low-flow or passive sampling and/or low yield wells.
- Reduced purge time and volume speeds up sampling.
- Availability of ultra-fine sand pack lowers turbidity by orders of magnitude and retards or eliminates sample point siltation.
- Small annular space between the casing and the hole is easily sealed using expanding seals attached to the casing.
- Compatibility with almost all direct push equipment without expensive special adapters.
GeoInsight tools work with almost all probe, cone penetrometer, and drill rigs. All our 3/4' sampling equipment will fit inside readily available 2-1/8' or 2' O.D. direct push drive casing used with probing and CPT rigs. 1', 1-1/4', & 1-1/2' models fit inside 2.5' I.D. casing, and 2' models fit inside 2.875' I.D. casing.
These simple, modular tools save time and money while increasing sample quality and repeatability.