Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is one of the largest commercial contract laboratories in the world providing comprehensive laboratory services in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and environmental sciences in both our laboratories and our client facilities. Our goal is to be the premier provider of laboratory services worldwide while delivering an outstanding service experience.
We serve clients from a diverse range of businesses and industries including Fortune 100 Industrial companies, the world’s largest pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical companies as well as virtual, small and mid-sized companies throughout the world. We also serve local and national governments.
With facilities in Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Portage, Michigan; and Dungarvan, Ireland we have a global capacity of 300,000 square feet. Our state-of-the-art facilities coupled with the highest level of instrument technology allow us to handle projects of virtually any scope and size.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a team of people who work together to serve the health and environmental needs of society through science and technology.
At Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, our mission is to provide independent laboratory services in the chemical and biological sciences with excellent quality and service. We fulfill our mission by incorporating our values into our work every day.
As a corporate community, we embrace our heritage of integrity and strive to live by the following principles:
- Fairness and honesty in all our relationships
- Mutual trust
- A respect for ourselves and others
- A sense of caring that leads us to act responsibly toward each other and society, now and in the future
- Loyalty to our clients and one another
- A spirit of open-mindedness as we deal with all
- Dedication to service
- Good stewardship of our resources
- A commitment to flexibility and continuous improvement
We are committed to:
- Delivering quality by fully understanding and always meeting the requirements of those we serve.
- Living our values by relating to our clients, coworkers, shareholders, suppliers and community in a fair and ethical manner.
- Managing our growth and financial resources so we can serve our clients well, provide a satisfactory return to shareholders and maintain our meaningful and enriching workplace.
At Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, we each take personal responsibility to live these values in all of our dealings, knowing full well that our pledge may involve difficult choices, hard work and courage.
In 1961, Lancaster Laboratories was founded by Dr. Earl H. Hess to provide high quality analytical services with personal attention to area agribusinesses and industries. Nourished in a culture of quality, service and caring about all those associated with the business, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories has become an industry leader known for innovative business practices and people-friendly policies.
Within the laboratory community, Lancaster Laboratories has pioneered many significant accomplishments. Some of these initiatives include:
- Being a charter member of, and the first laboratory accredited by, the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation.
- Preparing the first qualifications manual in the lab industry and implementing a total quality management system in 1989.
- Pioneering computerized laboratory information management systems in the 70s and designing a model automated system for retrieval and storage of samples—the only laboratory to have such a system.
- Initiating innovative and nationally recognized family friendly workforce polices including development of an on-site family center with child-care, adult-day-care and fitness centers (Lancaster Laboratories has been on Working Mother magazine's list of 'Best Companies for Working Mothers' 11 times).
- Purchasing Microchem Laboratories, one of Ireland's leading testing and research laboratories.
- Launching LabAccess.com, the industry’s most innovative on-line data access tool that gives customers 24/7 on-line access to their data from project start through signed reports.
- Completion of 11 building additions to our facility in Lancaster, PA, growing from a 2,500-square-foot lab with three employees in 1961 to a present size of 260,000-square-feet with more than 1000 employees worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories provides environmental, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and scientific staffing services with uncompromising quality and superlative service, just as it has for five decades.