Ingenieurbüro Lohmeyer GmbH & Co. KG (LOH)
Line of business: Consulting
The Karlsruhe office of LOH was founded in 1983, in 1992 a branch office was implemented in Radebeul in the neighborhood of Dresden. In 2003 the 'SFI Software GmbH for air quality calculations' and a state certified laboratory for applied odorimetry were integrated thus setting up Ingenieurbüro Lohmeyer GmbH & Co. KG. The company is a consulting business, mainly working in the fields Air Quality Protection, Microclimatology, Environmental Aerodynamics and Environmental Software.
The company has about 20 employees, among them environmental, civil and mechanical engineers, meteorologists, physicians and geographers. The owner of the company, Dr. Achim Lohmeyer is an official expert for problems concerning air pollution, air quality and microclimate, officially appointed and sworn to impartiality by the chamber of commerce and industry Karlsruhe. He and his staff members are appointed to more than 10 relevant standardization boards and research institutions of Germany.
The following tools and experience are available at LOH for applications.
All dispersion models with tools for data input and preprocessing needed for licensing procedures for environmentally relevant projects as
- Lagrangian Dispersion Model LASAT
- Micro-scale Flow- and Dispersion Model WinMISKAM for built-up areas
- Models for dispersion calculations of car exhausts, also for built-up areas
- Diagnostic Wind-Field Model DIWIMO for calculation of wind-fields
- KALM Model for calculation of valley drainage flows
- CDF Model PHOENICS for calculation of currents in halls and machines
- Wind tunnels: we make use of different tunnels of universities
- Air samplers for tracer gas measurements
- Emission monitoring and odorimetry, certified collective of test people
In 2011 about 150 projects were executed and finalized. About 70 percent of this business volume were expert advices, about 20 percent software products and about 10 percent scientific research projects.
Our software is in use in the daily consulting work of our company, and therefore it has a high user comfort and quality. The software is usually developed either to improve the quality and efficiency of our own consulting work or for contract work.
The application areas of our software are
- Calculation of atmospheric flow,
- Calculation of atmospheric dispersion of pollutants,
- Prediction of concentration of particulate matter for the same and the next day,
- Calculation of odour emissions,
- Emergency response information on atmospheric dispersion during accidental releases,
- Calculation of traffic produced emissions,
- Geographical information systems,
- digitizing tools for road networks.