Our businesses at a glance
New integrated industrial operating model with clear business priorities:
- Services: providing primarily minerals customers with full-scope services solutions, ranging from spare and wear parts all the way to high-value adding performance services
- Minerals: responsible for providing minerals processing solutions for mining customers and crushing and screening products for aggregates customers, as well as system deliveries
- Flow Control: responsible for developing and growing both the valve offering mainly for oil & gas customers as well as pumps for mining customers by pursuing new opportunities in these markets
Minerals and Flow Control's financial performance is reported externally.
According to our mission, the purpose of our operations, we contribute to a more sustainable world by helping our customers to process natural resources and recycle materials into valuable products.
Our vision is “Working as One to be Number One.” Working as one means working closely with customers, and other key external stakeholders as well as within the company. To be number one means creating added value for our stakeholders in everything we do and being the best at it.
Our values guide us in how we do business and how we work together with internal and external stakeholders. Our values are: driving customer success, seeking innovations, performing together, and respecting each other.
In terms of our everyday work they mean the following:
Driving customer success
- We succeed through the success of our customers
- We work closely to understand customers’ needs and respond quickly
- We are focused on delivering quality solutions and services for our customers
- High standards and professional performance are key in serving our customers
- Creativity and continuous renewal are essential for our long-term competitiveness and daily operations
- We continuously seek new ways of thinking and better ways of working
- We encourage the introduction of new technologies, and value innovative ideas and practices
- We share information and are willing to learn from each other
- We combine our vast know-how to create competitive solutions for our customers
- We respect each other’s contributions and solve problems together
- We keep our promises, and are dedicated to those we work with and for
- We take responsibility for our actions and work hard to achieve agreed-upon targets
Respecting each other
- We prioritize the well-being, health and safety of all individuals
- We treat each other with respect and benefit from our global diversity
- We are direct and honest in our communication, and create an environment of mutual trust
- We encourage and provide opportunities for each other to develop as professionals
Metso was created through the merger of Valmet and Rauma in 1999. Valmet at that time was a paper and board machine supplier, while Rauma’s operations were focused on fiber technology, rock crushing and flow control solutions. The merger produced an equipment supplier serving the global process industry. Soon after the merger, Metso Corporation started to build its mining offering by acquiring Svedala Industri AB. Following an active acquisition and organic growth strategy, Metso soon became one of the world’s leading process industry suppliers.
2013 marked a special turning point in Metso’s history when the decision was made to split the company into two listed, independent entities: Metso Corporation and Valmet Corporation. The latter continues the history of Valmet by serving industries that use bio-based raw materials. Metso focuses on intelligent solutions and services for the mining, construction, and oil and gas industries. Metso also continues to provide leading process automation and flow control solutions and services for the pulp, paper and power generation industries as well as selected other industries.
Scrap is an internationally traded commodity in demand as raw material for steel making. But different kinds of metal scrap require different processing due to size, thickness and composition of material.
That is why Metso Recycling is the perfect partner for individual and location-specific solutions. Our machines operate in steelworks and scrap yards all over the world. You can profit from the experience of a global player, and market leader using the latest technologies in the field of metal recycling.
Metso’s Recycling expertise ranges from individual machines, including shredders,shears, balers and briquetting presses, to complete shredder plants. We offer a wide range of efficient solutions for the fragmentation, compaction and separation of virtually every type of scrap metal.
Our knowledge and experience also stems from joining forces with other leading companies. In 2005 Metso formed Metso Texas Shredder (TS) and the recent merger with Lindemann makes it now possible to obtain the entire range of recycling machines from one source.
To shred complex, unpredictable flows of bulky, resilient, and abrasive materials is
a major challenge. It requires exceptionally robust stationary and mobile waste shredding equipment. With our versatile pre-shredders and fine-shredders designed to handle a broad range of waste types, Metso has the right products for your shredding needs.
We have products for applications as diverse as Recycling, Biomass, RDF Lines,Waste-to-Energy, Landfill, Inhouse Recycling, MBT Plants and Transfer Stations.
Metso Denmark (former M&J Industries A/S) offers you state-of-the-art shredding technology solutions whatever your waste recycling needs.