Our businesses at a glance
Metso Recycling specializes in the design and manufacture of shredding equipment to effectively and reliably reduce the size of all material. Through more than 600 installations worldwide and continued focus on R&D, Metso Recycling is one of the world’s leading suppliers of shredders for the recycling industry. Our position also stems from our customer focus. To supply you and your business with the best shredder solution, we always do our best to understand your current situation, and your future needs. Our customers include companies that work with incineration, hazardous waste, waste-to-energy, recycling, landfills, cement production and composting.
All Metso shredders share certain basic features and exceptionally robust construction. We use components from internationally recognized suppliers, to ensure maximum performance and durability.
According to our mission, the purpose of our operations, we contribute to a more sustainable world by helping our customers to process natural resources and recycle materials into valuable products.
Our vision is “Working as One to be Number One.” Working as one means working closely with customers, and other key external stakeholders as well as within the company. To be number one means creating added value for our stakeholders in everything we do and being the best at it.
Our values guide us in how we do business and how we work together with internal and external stakeholders. Our values are: driving customer success, seeking innovations, performing together, and respecting each other.
In terms of our everyday work they mean the following:
Driving customer success
- We succeed through the success of our customers
- We work closely to understand customers’ needs and respond quickly
- We are focused on delivering quality solutions and services for our customers
- High standards and professional performance are key in serving our customers
- Creativity and continuous renewal are essential for our long-term competitiveness and daily operations
- We continuously seek new ways of thinking and better ways of working
- We encourage the introduction of new technologies, and value innovative ideas and practices
- We share information and are willing to learn from each other
- We combine our vast know-how to create competitive solutions for our customers
- We respect each other’s contributions and solve problems together
- We keep our promises, and are dedicated to those we work with and for
- We take responsibility for our actions and work hard to achieve agreed-upon targets
Respecting each other
- We prioritize the well-being, health and safety of all individuals
- We treat each other with respect and benefit from our global diversity
- We are direct and honest in our communication, and create an environment of mutual trust
- We encourage and provide opportunities for each other to develop as professionals
Our proud heritage
Established in 1857 in Horsens, Denmark, as a foundry under the name 'Møller & Jochumsen', the Metso in Denmark of today has a long tradition of designing and manufacturing industrial components and equipment.
Throughout our long history, we have played an active part in many technical 'revolutions'.
Up until the Second World War, the company was one of Denmark’s leading manufacturers of steam engines: we also produced industrial diesel engines. We have also manufactured turbines, petroleum engines, generators and complete water towers, plus a wide variety of machinery and equipment for railways and other industries.
The anvil has long since been replaced by fully automatic, efficient manufacturing equipment. And the craftsmanship of the blacksmiths has been supplanted by manufacturing by other trained specialists and skilled machinery operators. The result is advanced-technology products and outstanding quality of service.
Let’s work together
The basis of any good co-operation lies in an in-depth understanding of our customers’ requirements and respect for individual preferences. We believe that close co-operation with customers and suppliers, based on mutual respect and trust gives the best results – to the benefit of all concerned.
The advanced production engineering equipment now available makes it possible to manufacture items that are nearly perfect. But it is our committed employees and their know-how and craftsmanship that ensure we can consistently achieve a unique level of quality.
To shred complex, unpredictable flows of bulky, resilient, and abrasive materials is
a major challenge. It requires exceptionally robust stationary and mobile waste shredding equipment. With our versatile pre-shredders and fine-shredders designed to handle a broad range of waste types, Metso has the right products for your shredding needs.
We have products for applications as diverse as Recycling, Biomass, RDF Lines,Waste-to-Energy, Landfill, Inhouse Recycling, MBT Plants and Transfer Stations.
Metso Denmark (former M&J Industries A/S) offers you state-of-the-art shredding technology solutions whatever your waste recycling needs.