The Par-Kan Company history dates back to 1958, when S.L. Parker started a metal fabricating business known as Parker Industries. Today, Par-Kan Company continues to thrive by implementing the company mission statement started by S.L. Parker some 35 years ago, 'To provide our customers with quality products, when they need them and at a fair price.' In the mid 1960's Parker Industries, serving the agriculture market, was joined by the founder's son, Stephen ('Steve') Parker. In the late 1960's, Parker Industries, using their welding technology and engineering skills, began manufacturing refuse containers under the trade name of 'Par-Kan'.
Parker Industries was sold in 1973 and again in 1985. For a brief period of time in October of 1990 Parker Industries closed operations. However, on November 1, 1990 Stephen Parker, along with a small group of investors, re-opened for business under the name of Par-Kan Company. The plan of new management was to continue the manufacturing of Par-Kan Refuse Equipment, along with the intentions of expanding the company into new markets. In 1992 the Ground Support Equipment division, consisting of equipment to aid the aircraft industry, and a line of Grease Handling Equipment, for the storing of restaurant grease, was added to the company's product line. In 1996 Par-Kan Company added its newest product line, the Grain-Weigh division, which supplies weigh carts for the agriculture industry.
Today, Par-Kan Company continues to thrive by following the founder's motto to constantly strive to satisfy the customers' requirements, by providing quality, value and performance in which they can trust and depend.