Qatar is a peninsula of 11.437 sq. Km. located halfway down the west coast of the Arabian Gulf. The Emir, His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, is the ruler of Qatar and is the head of the constitutional authorities, holding both legislative and executive powers.
Oil and gas have given Qatar one of the highest per capita incomes in the world and made it one of the fastest-growing economies. Displaying an enlightened approach to prosperity, Qatar is channeling its wealth not into trophy assets but into funding the advancement of culture, science, and education. Its strategic path towards a post-hydrocarbon economy will be through a vibrant, knowledge-based society.
Energetic and ambitious, the State of Qatar has emerged from virtual anonymity to become one of the most forward-thinking nations in the Middle-East, with increasing regional and global influence. Latest estimates put Qatar’s population at more than 1.5 million.
By 2030, Qatar aims to be an advanced society capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for all of its people. Qatar’s National Vision defines the long-term outcomes for the country and provides a framework within which national strategies and implementation plans can be developed.
Our mission is to ensure the State gets maximum benefit from its petroleum resources by engaging directly or indirectly in all activities that would add value to these resources.
Our overall objective is to maximise our contribution to the national wealth of the State of Qatar, through the safe, efficient and environmentally acceptable exploitation of Qatar's hydrocarbon reserves and through related activities. Specifically we seek:
- To provide the state with a reliable cashflow, of maximum value, from diversified business interests.
- To build an organisation with internationally competitive business and technical expertise.
- To maximise the employment of capable Qatari nationals, and develop them to the competence level of the leading International Oil Company employees.
- To meet National oil and gas demand in a cost-effective way.
While our key physical assets are the country’s Oil & Gas reserves, our ability to maximize the economic returns to the State from these resources depends totally on the quality and commitment of our staff; whom we value as our greatest asset.
We also value our great partners, suppliers and customers and we shall endeavour to:
- Set an example in Qatar in personal and organizational integrity and transparency.
- Treat all people fairly and with mutual respect.
- Have total participation of an excellent diverse workforce, rendering our diversity a source of strength.
- Reward and promote based on merit, performance and competence.
- Openly communicate and work as a single integrated team.