Solvay Chemicals is part of the Solvay Group, an international industrial company offering a broad range of products and solutions that contribute to improving the quality of life
With about 8900 employees and sales of EUR 3.0 billion in 2010 Solvay Chemicals is the world’s largest producer of essential chemicals such as soda ash, hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate.
It is also a global leader in specialty products such as fluorinated chemicals, ultra-fine fillers, high purity barium and strontium.
A tradition of leadership and responsibility since 1863.
The story of the Solvay group began in 1861, when Ernest Solvay discovered the key to the »industrial manufacture of soda ash using sea salt, ammoniac and carbonic acid«.
In 1863, Ernest Solvay patented a revolutionary ammonia-soda process for producing sodium carbonate which is still widely used today for glass, washing powder and flue gas cleaning.
The first soda factory started operating in Couillet, Belgium in 1865.
From 1870 to 1880, Solvay promoted the global expansion of the company. Factories were set up in Belgium, France, England, Germany, Russia and the United States.
Today, Solvay is an international industrial Group active in chemistry, with two sectors of activity: Chemicals and Plastics.
Ernest Solvay was born in 1838, in Rebecq-Rognon in Belgium.
He believed deeply in the positive role that science and industry played in society, establishing a first-of-its-kind pension for Solvay workers in 1878, an 8-hour workday in 1897, and paid vacations in 1913, long before it became accepted practice in the rest of western societies.
He founded several scientific, philanthropic, and charitable foundations, including the Institutes of Physics (1895) and of Sociology (1901), as well as the prestigious School of Business (1903) in Brussels which still bears his name.
Driving towards sustainable solutions
Solvay Chemicals is sticking to its strategy in what is still a challenging environment by:
- intensifying geographic expansion through investment in flagship products and high growth regions;
- growing in specialties, mainly bicarbonates and fluorinated and organic specialties;
- continuing technological innovation;
- consolidating the competitiveness through operational excellence, world-class plants, and skilled management of energy and product portfolio.
The Solvay Chemicals International Channel Management is a logical progression of combining the Distribution Marketing Unit with the e-business management unit.
The Channel Management team will provide Solvay Chemicals International with all possible ways of gaining access to the market. Within this Multi-Channel Management we serve our customers through:
- prime contact with our sales & marketing teams organized by Business Units
- e-channel supporting our sales & marketing teams:
- http://www.solvay4me.com the main window into our ERP for all our customers
- traditional distributors as indirect contact serving the small customer segment on our behalf
Who are we ?
We are a small team within the Solvay Chemicals Sector that are dedicated to the Multi-Channel sales management of our chemical products.
Focusing on customer satisfaction, Solvay has defined its mission as:
'To provide quality and cost effective chemicals, pharmaceuticals and related products and services, and in turn, to ensure that the quality of life of an increasing number of human beings is improved'.
In line with Solvay’s mission, channel management has defined its own mission:
- To define, apply and coordinate on a worldwide basis, a multi-channel communication approach that will adapt to fulfil various 'product' strategies as defined by the Strategic Business Units, taking advantage of existing synergies between the different chemicals in our range.
- To improve the service we provide to our end customers.
To define, review and adjust the general policy of the distribution channel.
- To define terms of partnership and collaboration.
- To draft and conclude contracts.
- To monitor contract fulfilment.
- To assure legal compliance with international competition laws
- To analyze and to optimize the Chemical Sectors distribution channel.
- To promote and guide customers to the most suitable sales channel to meet their needs.