An innovative new differential air pressure (ΔP) sensor configuration is now available for use with GrayWolf’s AdvancedSense™ and WolfPack™ instruments. By combining auto-ranging and auto-zeroing technology, this ΔP board offers superb low-end sensitivity, yet an exceptionally broad measurement range.
There’s a trade-off between range and low-end resolution with commercially available ΔP sensors. For many Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), Industrial Hygiene (IH) or other applications, extremely low-end ΔP resolution is critical, yet a wide measurement range is highly desirable. GrayWolf solves this by incorporating a 250.0 Pa (1.000 inches H2O) range sensor and a 10KPa (40.0 inches H2O) sensor on the same board and then smoothly auto-ranging from one sensor to the other dependent on the detected pressures. A further issue for low-end measurements, such as determining pollutant pathways, is that sensor drift at these tiny pressures may be significant over a matter of only minutes. Most low range digital manometers include a manual zeroing button to depress in open air ahead of each reading. But for long-term monitoring, the manometer must re-zero automatically in order for the readings to be reliable over time. The DP-702LH board does exactly this, auto-zeroing both sensors every 2 minutes.
This combination of unequaled low-end sensitivity, and wide-range measurement capability, makes the DP-702LH ideal for applications including:
- Verifying positive pressure in occupied areas during local area construction.
- Monitoring/logging positive pressure vs. negative pressure over time for adjacent zones such as classroom/kitchen, childcare room/parking garage, general office/laboratory (and under varied conditions).
- Investigating pollutant pathways (quantifying ΔP is an essential IAQ investigation tool).
- Testing filter performance (the most reliable way to rate dirt loading on the filter).
- Determining pressure drop across coils, diffusors, registers, fans, orifice plates.
- Measuring static pressure, air velocity and volume airflow with a pitot static tube.
- Measuring air velocity over a broad range with a pitot static tube; 1.0 m/s up to 125 m/s (200 ft/min up to 25,000 ft/min).
The DP-702LH sensors install into GrayWolf’s AdvancedSense and WolfPack instruments which not only display and data-log readings, but also provide powerful annotation capabilities. Notes are easily attached to data files on-site for efficient, reliable documentation. Add text notes via the virtual keyboard. Attach extensive audio notes with the built-in voice recorder. Even attach photos and videos to data files with an optional camera or borescope. Reports are proficiently generated from information in the field. WolfSense PC software (supplied as standard) enables simple download, analysis and report creation. Optional “Advanced Report Generator” software automates the entire reporting process.
An industry leading manufacturer of air monitoring instrumentation, established in 1998, GrayWolf has manufactured high quality differential pressure meters since 2005. GrayWolf’s environmental instrumentation is employed by industry professionals; in manufacturing plants, high rise buildings, hospitals, airports, schools, universities, refineries and many other types of facilities. Worldwide management, sales and customer support is headquartered in Shelton, CT (USA). The primary manufacturing facility is in Ireland, with support available through a worldwide network of distributors; many set up as authorized service centers.