Aerosols in the atmosphere influence the radiative
balance through direct scattering of solar radiation
and indirect effects in the formation of clouds and
precipitation. The measurement of back and total
scattering from aerosols provide in depth analysis
of their optical properties and their effect on the
global energy balance.
Ecotech, through collaboration with globally renown
atmospheric research institutes, now provide the
scientific community with the most advanced
commercially available nephelometers.
Using an innovative LED light source, the
Aurora 3000 simultaneously measures at 525nm
(green), 450nm (blue) and 635nm (red) to enable
wide and in-depth analysis of the interaction
between light and aerosols.
The Ecotech Aurora 3000 includes backscatter
measurement that allows both standard integrating
measurements of 9-170° and also the back scatter
- Easy automatic calibration, ensures repeatability
- Automatic optical reference calibration.
- High powered LED light-source increases
- Single light source and detector used for all
- Facilitates a wide measuring range
(0 to 20 000 Mm-1).
- Simplified automatic calibration using internal
valves, ideal for remote locations.
- Fully automatic zero check or adjust, automatic
span check or automatic zero and span check
available in intervals of 1, 3, 6, 12, 24 hrs or weekly.
- Fully integrated package including internal sample
pump, sample heater, internal calibration valves,
zero air pump and data logger.
- Internal sample heater with temperature or RH
control, which can be enabled by the user to
eliminate the effects of humidity (RH: <30% to
- 12 VDC operation (60 watts max, 14 watts
- Holds up to 33 days of 5 minute data averages or
6 days of 1 min data.
- Data downloader and firmware upgrading software
supplied on CD or internet.
Range: 0 to >20 000 Mm-1
LDL: <0.3 Mm-1 (60 second averaged data)
Intensity function: 9-170°, backscatter 90-170°
Temperature range: -20 to 45oC
Sample flow rate: 5 l/min approx
Weight: 11.2 kg
Dimensions: 170 x 700 x 215 mm (LxWxH)
Power: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz or 12VDC (60 watts with heater active)
- Comm ports include
- 4 analogue outputs (2 voltage & 2 current)
- RS232 multidrop
- RS232 serial port
- Data storage up to 6 days of 1 minute averages or 33 days of 5 minute data
The Aurora-3000 is the instrument of choice when analysis is required on a number of different contributors to air pollution or for studies regarding global warming using backscatter.
Using an innovative LED light source, the Aurora-3000 simultaneously measures at 525nm (green), 450nm (blue) and 635nm (red) to enable wide and in-depth analysis of particulate matter. The Ecotech Aurora 3000 includes backscatter measurement that allows both standard integrating measurements of 9-170° but also just the back scatter 90-170°.
The Aurora 3000 allows the analysis of parameters (backscatter/forward scatter) involved in climate studies and specifically global radiation balance. Furthermore the Aurora 3000 is relevant for general air quality studies such as pollution sources comparison.