- patented procedure
- reliable and safe measurement results without high efforts
- trouble-free disposal
- suitable for analysis of solid samples (e.g. soil, sediments, waste)
- determination of gene toxic substances
- packaging sizes according to consumption
- suitable for ground-, surface-, seepage- and waste water
- applicable for analysis of landfills and abandoned sites
Luminous bacteria are used as test organisms because of their natural luminescence. In luminous bacteria tests, the marine bacterium Vibrio fischeri NRRL B-11177 is used, a halophile, facultative anaerobic, gram-negative rod with polar flagellum. Bioluminescence is a part of the metabolism of these bacteria. Toxic substances influence this sensitive metabolism and inhibit the bioluminescence.
The inhibition of the bacteria’s bioluminescence is determined in a static test by mixing a defined amount of a sample with a luminous bacteria suspension in a cuvette. Subsequently, the inhibition of the luminescence in the sample is determined in comparison to an uninhibited control solution.
The evaluation of the toxicity analysis is performed with the BioFix® Lumi-10, a universal luminometer, which is suitable for portable use.
Ordering informations BioFix® Lumi luminous bacteria tests