Ovivo customizes every automatic raking screen to site- and application-specific parameters. It is simple to retrofit an existing installation, with usually no need for expensive civil modifications.
The Brackett Bosker automatic raking screen does the work of three conventional machines – a trash rake, conveyor and debris-loading system. There is no need for multiple rakes, conveyor belts or manual handling of debris, substantially reducing costs. Debris is loaded directly into a skip or trailer, eliminating the need for additional handling. Open, overhead construction means the screen deck is clear. Our engineers can include a curved overhead monorail track if required, allowing access to multiple screens or remote dump sites. Operation is fast, simple and fully automatic, providing 24-hour coverage in case of night-time screen blockages.
- The Brackett Bosker monorail system leaves clear access at deck level and optimises available working area on the screen deck.
- Structural supports can be easily positioned at sites to accommodate the track.
- There are no submerged moving parts, therefore more reliable with less maintenance.
- Low maintenance. Service intervals of twice per year. All gearboxes are life-time filled.
- Low noise operation for urban sites.
- Capacity ranges from 250 kg to 3000 kg safe working load i.e. debris loading.
- Barscreen spacing from 12mm to 200mm plus is possible.
- Intake depths of 60m can be cleaned.
- Vertical barscreens can be cleaned.
- The gripper is open sided to allow extraction of debris such as long tree trunks and can easily extract awkward debris such as oil drums, pallets and plastic sheets etc.
- The Brackett Bosker system does not require a wash water trough or debris conveyor. Debris is extracted from the screen and transported directly to the dumping area.
- Multiple dump areas are selectable.
- The monorail track can be curved giving the possibility of remote location dumping.
- All electric motors are located and protected within the stainless steel trolley enclosure.
- Travel speeds from 10 to 60 m/min are possible on wide screens reducing overall cleaning cycle times.
- Full automatic start from push button, time clock, periodic timer, level differential signal and remote signal from telemetry is available.
- Full manual control is available via remote pendant or radio controlled pendant.
The Brackett Bosker automatic trash rake travels along a monorail track over the screen and dump areas. Travel speeds are between 10-30m/min. At installations where there is a long track length and a heavy debris loading, a dual travel speed of 30-60m/min would be specified to reduce the overall cleaning cycle time.
- At the start signal the Brackett Bosker automatic raking screen travels to the designated screen area and stops over its first pick-up point.
- The gripper descends to the bottom of the screen, collecting debris in its jaws. Cylinders close the gripper and the hoist elevates the gripper and debris to the trolley.
- The trolley and gripper return to the dump area where the gripper opens, releasing debris into the hopper, trailer or other dumpsite.
The Brackett Bosker automatic raking screen then moves back to the second pick-up point at the screen, continuing the cycle until the selected screen area is clean.
Each custom engineered Brackett Bosker raking machine consists of the following:
- Structural columns
- Festoon system
- Bar screen (new or existing)
- Maintenance platform (Optional)
- Cost-effective design
- Reduced footprint
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Eliminates need for conveyor and debris loading system
- Comprehensive, end-user friendly service
- Fully automatic operation
- Increased revenue from power generation.