Sample size format: 10 mL, 50 mL, 100 mL, and 250 mL
Time to results: 24 hours
Shelf life: 50 mL and 100 mL formats: up to 12 months at 2-30°C;
10 mL and 250 mL formats: up to 15 months at 2-25°C
Read: Sample turns yellow when coliforms are present and fluoresces to indicate the presence of E. coli
Uses: Presence/absence or quantification using IDEXX Quanti-Tray, Quanti-Tray/2000 or multiple tube Most Probable Number (MPN) testing
- US EPA-approved, 24-hour test for drinking and source waters.
- International approvals include US EPA, Standard Methods for Examination of Water and Wastewater, AOAC, IBWA, and EBWA.
- Millions of tests are run worldwide every year.
- Ease of use simplifies training.
- Unit-dosed packaging eliminates media preparation.
- No repeat testing due to clogged filters or heterotrophic interference.
- Quality Control (QC) procedure can be done in 15 minutes.
- Under one minute hands-on time.
- Detects coliforms and E. coli simultaneously in 24 hours or less.
- No confirmations needed.
- No glassware cleaning or colony counting.
- Identifies E. coli specifically, which eliminates unneeded public notification due to Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Suppresses up to 2 million heterotrophs per 100 mL.
- Eliminates the subjective interpretation found in traditional methods.
- Detects a single viable coliform or E. coli per sample.
- 20 to 50% less expensive than traditional methods. (According to AWWARF Research Application #4).
- 95% lower equipment costs.
- Minimizes evening and weekend work.
- Up to 12-month shelf life at room temperature.
- A Colilert Snap Pack can be used for presence/absence (P/A) or quantification testing.
- Quanti-Tray provides counts to 200/100 mL without dilutions.
- Quanti-Tray/2000 provides counts to 2,419/100 mL without dilutions.
- Colilert is also available predispensed in 10 mL Most Probable Number (MPN) tubes.