It greatly speeds up the repair process if a few boxes of sleeves are stored on the CCTV truck.
CCTV, a small compressor and 2 to 3 men can complete such an emergency repair.
The Use of Grouting Sleeve
- Structural Repairs: Longitudinal cracks circumferential cracks multiple cracks broken pipes holes laterals before CIPP relining avoiding service lateral closing
- Reinstates: Partially collapsed pipes totally collapsed or missing pipe separated, misaligned and offset joints
- Retards: Root growth (Specify at time of ordering)
- Seals: Ex-filtrating of gravity flow pipes abandoned services
- Repair features a finished stainless steel patch in the sewer pipe
- The sleeve carries its own required sealant
- The installation is safe in cracked Vitrified Clay and other fragile pipes if installed as directed by the Manufacturer
is structurally designed to carry 5psi. (33kPa) external hydraulic pressure with a minimum Factor of Safety of 2.5. The design follows AWWA M11 standard for Flexible Tunnel Liners.
Stainless steel core provides the sleeve with the essential strength needed to support a damaged pipe.
WRc assessed the performance, the strength and effectiveness of the Link-Pipe GROUTING SLEEVE™sewer repair system by conducting loading tests on soil-embedded sleeves.
Structural Core: The material is SST-316 or a higher alloy for domestic sewers. For salt water pipes and tropical climate, higher stainless steel alloys are recommended.
The Stainless steel used meets ASTM Testing standards A267 & A240.
Grout: The Grout is tested and meets ASTM D-1010, D-1638, D-3574, D-412 & D-1042 standards.
The Grout expands and penetrates through the cracks into backfill, and the SLEEVE creates a complete restoration of the damaged pipe lasting at least 100 years.
- Grouting Sleeve resists a wide range of aggressive chemicals including H2SO4, HCL and seawater. (Chemical resistance tables are available on request)
- Manufacturing follows iso 9001-2008 certified Quality Control procedures.
- Written Quality Control standards required for installation are contained in each sleeve shipping container.