Klinkau membrane filter plates standard welded aree primarily used for applications with homogeneous chamber fillings and standard process parameters. This design requires a minimum cake thickness after squeeze of 1/3 of the initial cake thickness. The innovative combination of membrane filter plate and chamber filter plate (mixed pack) reduces the initial investment costs and guarantees excellent filtration results.
- Solid plastic membrane filter plate with welded membranes thereby providing easy handling and maximum chemical resistance.
- Complete separation of the membrane squeeze medium and filtrate discharge product.
- Membrane corners designed with ¼ circle enable membrane movements without tension, versus chamfered radius corners. This has a positive impact on the life-span of the membrane.
- The klico patented design of the support of the membrane bending area is defined by two hinge lines:
- a hinge line for the filtration phase and
- a hinge line for the squeeze phase
- This provides a considerable increase on the life-span of the membrane.
- The surface of the membrane plate core body has a pipped molded structure, hence hinders the membrane from laying flat on te body. At the beginning of the squeeze process, a uniform distribution of the squeeze medium takes place behind the membrane, and enables the membrane to lift evenly. This provides a uniform squeezing effect on the unsqueezed filter cake.
- Since the membrane lays on the pipped structure of the body it reduces temperature conduction and creates channels which may be used to cool or heat the membrane plate.
- Depending on the size of the filter plate, the nominal thickness of the membrane is between 3 and 4mm. This provides a longer life-span of the membrane.
- Variable and individual choice of material of construction and application, based on in-house raw material development (i.e. Antistatic design).
The significant advantage of the membrane filter plate technology is that the unproductive pressure filtration phase is replaced by squeezing with the membrane. Thus, the filtration phase is conducted in only the efficient stage of the filtration cycle.
Furthermore, the filtration cycle times are shorter and due to the even spread of pressure a homogeneous porosity is created within the cake and the grade of dewatering is profoundly higher.
The fixed welded klinkau membrane filter plate is manufactured with a center core body plate and two molded membrane sections welded to each side of the center core body to form the complete filter plate.
The membranes are supported by the core body and guarantees a gently controlled membrane movement during the filtration phase. The center core of the membrane plate is profiled to prevent the membrane from completely closing against the center core body (see advantages of klinkau membrane filter plates).
The movement of the membrane causes bending stresses, which can adversely affect the membrane's ability to resist chemical attack. Klinkau membrane filter plates have two defined hinge lines, therefore the risk of hinge failures has been minimized.
The membrane filter plate design requires a minimum cake thickness before squeeze of 1/3 of the initial chamber thickness. Many filtration processes differ in solids content and filtering characteristics that may cause the risk of uncontrolled filling of the chamber. If the chamber filling cannot be controlled during the filtration stage we recommend our empty chamber fixed welded membrane filter plate design. This system was developed to allow squeezing into the empty chamber without damage to the membrane.
The filtration of chemicals with high chemical resistance at temperatures ranging from -10° to 95° at diverse, partly extreme filtration parameters, requires the diligent use of membrane material as far as chemical resistance is concerned.
Continuous research and development, years of testing and substantial know-how characterize the quality of klinkau membrane filter plates.
A customized design of the membrane plate is of great importance, because the complex washing processes often require maximum washing efficiency. Especially the fixed welded klinkau membrane filter plates in the standard and empty chamber design, with corner feed and filtration surface without staybosses are predestined and have delivered outstanding results for years.
Titanium dioxide tio2
Klinkau membrane filter plates are successfully being used in all processing stages of the tio2 production. The replaceable overhanging membrane filter plates in particular, have proven to be reliable in the chemically aggressive washing of the titanium dioxide and the gypsum filtration.
Ex proof areas
Many times, organic solutions are filtered in the chemical industry. These solutions require filter elements that are suitable for ex proof areas. In these cases, klinkau offers the complete product line made of antistatic material. Our filter plates are also available in a gasketed design (CGR). This prevents the liquid to escape from the filtration chamber during the filtration cycle.