1. Insert a Kitagawa tube into the Kitagawa pump.
2. Take one easy stroke of the pump.
3. Wait for the flow indicator button to pop up and show that sampling time is complete. Read off the scale to establish the concentration of the target gas.
Applications are very wide for health and safety, flue and emission gas monitoring and indoor air quality. Industries utilising the Kitagawa Gas Detector Tube System are vast, including petrochemical, steel, mining, marine, engineering and agriculture:
- Health, safety & industrial hygiene: measuring the presence and concentration of harmful gases and vapours in any working area.
- Gas analysis and verification of laboratory instrument testing for over 300 toxic gases from ppb to % volume analysis. Criminal investigation & measurement of breath alcohol.
- Process control & impurity analysis: where gases are used as raw materials or intermediates, impurities in the gas can be measured to ensure high product quality.
- Air pollution control & indoor air quality: measure a range of flue gases, vehicle emissions and the efficiency of ventilation systems.
- Fire/explosion prevention: detecting combustible gases leaked and generated in work places and mines.