The MULTI PLASMA MODUL is the immediate and easy modular upgrade of Castolin Eutectic DC and AC-DC TIG power sources.
Main advantages of plasma technology
Compared to conventional arc welding processes, plasma shows unique features:
- High energy density
- Exceptionally stable and focused arc
- Lower dilution and penetration
- Smooth and porosity free coatings
That in tool and die operations turn into the following outstanding advantages when compared to standard Tig process:
- Higher precision and easyness of use
- Minimum heat input, heat affected zone and distortions
- Better accessibility and visibility of the piece and weld pool due to the higher arc length allowed
- Lower level of post-weld machining
Three versions for all plasma welding applications:
The standard Multi Plasma Modul, originally designed for DC tool and die operations, is now available also in AC-DC version (*) and upgradable with optional extensions for manual plasma powder welding and coating.