- Removes Iron at levels up to 20 ppm using patented aeration processes
- Removes high levels of Hydrogen Sulfide and Manganese
- Removes Radon, Methane, Carbon Dioxide and other gases
- Removes THMs (trihalomethanes), VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and more
- Multiple filtration processes
- Works in wide pH range
- Maintains consistent water pressure
- No electrician required – uses 120v outlet
Is Iron discoloring your water and staining your water appliances?
Iron, Manganese, and rust particles will discolor water and add a metallic taste to it. They will also leave brown, orange, or black stains on sinks, toilets, and other water appliances. They can also stain clothing and leave hair discolored. The O2Hydro can effectively remove up to 20 ppm of iron and 7 ppm of manganese.
Does your water smell like rotten eggs?
Hydrogen Sulfide in the water can emit a sulphur odor that smells like rotten eggs. The O2Hydro can effectively remove up to 11 ppm of hydrogen sulfide, getting rid of the bad odors in the water.
The O₂Hydro patented technology will:
- Remove Iron at levels up to 20 ppm
- Remove Hydrogen Sulfide at levels up to 11 ppm
- Remove Manganese at levels up to 7 ppm
- Remove Radon, Methane, Carbon Dioxide and other gases
- Remove THMs (trihalomethanes) and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and more
- Post filter for customization
- No maintenance required
How It Works
In a specifically designed sequence the O₂Hydro processes the water using a patented mass transfer tube, multiple oxidation processes, multi -media depth filtration, and a customizable post filter.
Mass Transfer Tube
Aeration is the process of mixing air into water, causing dissolved materials such as iron and manganese to oxidize so that they can be readily filtered. The O₂Hydro incorporates a patented mass transfer tube activated by a flow switch which allows the system to oxidize in real time, so that the aeration process occurs when water is in demand. In other systems the aeration process is only activated when the well pump is running, which may not necessarily cycle on when water is flowing to the home, and as a result not all the water is aerated.
The mass transfer tube injects air directly into the water and agitates it, creating countless, micro air bubbles. These micro air bubbles provide increased surface contact area, resulting in more rapid and thorough oxidation.
After being injected with air via the mass transfer tube, the water enters into the aeration tank where it undergoes a second oxidation process. Our aeration tank is equal in size to the media tank to further increase oxidation as opposed to systems using a smaller aeration tank, which reduces the contact time between oxygen and water.
In the aeration tank harmful gases (such as hydrogen sulfide, VOC's, radon, and methane) are expelled. Unlike many other aeration tanks, the O₂Hydro aeration tank is fitted with an air vent on top which allows for continuous, real time air exchange. There is no need to drain the aeration tank.
The O₂Hydro aeration process is designed to minimize the clogging of valves and reduction in water pressure.
Filtration Tank Housing Depth Filtration Media
Upon exiting the aeration tank the water enters the filtration tank which incorporates a proprietary depth filtration media package. The O₂Hydro utilizes 4 different media with different filtering properties that are layered in a unique manner. It allows the water to saturate throughout the entire media package. In other system designs once the top level of media has been saturated with pollutants the water can no longer flow all the way through the entire media bed, preventing effective filtration.
The proprietary blend of media used in the O₂Hydro will remove high levels of iron, manganese, sediment, and other contaminants to extremely low levels, providing clean, fresh water.
An additional benefit is that during the backwashing cycle the O₂Hydro media package will automatically resettle in the same configuration, maintaining the integrity of the filtration process.
After the media tank there is a 5 micron post filter for further filtration. Alternatively, the post filter can house specific media to address additional concerns and provides the capability to chlorine shock the plumbing system.
If there is already a noticeable odor in the home’s water, upon installation of the O₂Hydro, the 5 micron filter can be temporarily removed and a measure of chlorine can be added to the post filter. Once the water is running without any unpleasant odor, the 5 micron filter can be reinserted.
- Maintains strong, consistent water pressure
- Built in bypass
- Flow switch- no electrician required- 120 volt plug into an outlet
- Contains all components including pump, switches, controls, valves- ready to go
- Save hundreds of dollars in components, electrician and installation costs
- The O₂Hydro comes with a 1 year performance guarantee.
- The O₂Hydro carries a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty on tanks and components.
O₂Hydro Dual Tank System
- Each tank is 10” x 54”
- The completely assembled system is 46”w x 16”d x 62”h
- Includes: Everything depicted in the image above and in the 'Overview' tab
O₂Hydro Single Tank System
- Tank is 10” x 54”
- The completely assembled system is 10”w x 16”d x 62”h
- Includes: One tank, Mass Transfer Tube, Control Valve, and Bypass