- unique capacitance approach eliminates routine cleaning
- no moving parts
- control and interface panel mounts safely away from the process
- flowrate and totalalization of flow
The 4100-OCF sensing probe monitors the capacitance field between the probe and it’s concentric shield within a primary flow device. The Arjay controller converts the water level to flow using the applied Manning equation selected for the flow channel. The 4100-OCF provides a display of flow and totalization. Relays and analog outputs are available for control and interface.
Technical Specifications - Control Panel
- Operating Temp.: 0°C to +55°C
- Resolution: .007% (.07 pF at 1,000 pF)
- Accuracy: .04% of full scale pF
- Power Input: 24 vdc or 80-240 vac +/-10%, SP, 50-60 HZ
- Display: touch screen full colour channel view graphics, % and engineering units of flow trend line selectable hours, days or none
- Relay Outputs: up to four SPDT, 10 amp @ 240 vac, dry
- Enclosure: Type 4 metal painted blue / IP 66 optional Type 4X SS or polycarbonate
- Approvals to: UL / CSA / CE
- IEC 61010
Technical Specifications - Probe
- Process Temp.: -60°C to +260°C
- Ambient Temp.: -60°C to +55°C
- Pressure: 103 bar/10342 kPA/1500psi at stable temperature
- Process Connection: available threaded or flanged
- Explosion Proof: CSA Div 1, Class 1, Groups C,D
- Intrinsic Safety: Approved Intrinsically Safe when ordered with Approved Barrier in Control Unit
- CAN/CSA E60079-11:
- Class I, Groups A,B,C,D;
- Class II, Groups E,F,G;
- Class III, Encl.Type 4
- CRN: ABSA-CRN #OF07450.2
- Wetted Parts: 316SS and Teflon
Probe materials are eligible for NACE MR-0175 Compliance
The Arjay PMC (pulse module circuit) installed at the probe converts the separator signals to a frequency pulse. This allows the controller to be safely mounted up to 1 km away from the tank with virtually no loss to signal stability. No operator interface is required at the probe using this unique Arjay PMC design.
All calibration, control interface and power wiring is done at the main control unit. The touch screen provides a simple menu-driven operator interface and display.
The Arjay App board is the heart of the 4100-OCF. This board monitors and controls the signals from the probe, applies the appropriate calibration algorithms and interfaces this information to the touch screen and PLC hardware.