As an ambient monitor, PARTAC provides the user with a real-time count of particulates. Because of its low noise operation, PARTAC be used in a work environment without disturbing the personnel in the area being monitored. It is also used in areas where work is being contemplated to measure the background levels prior to commencing work.
PARTAC can be programmed to detect the particulate sizes of toxic NBC agents that are proven to be aspirated deeply into the lungs. Measuring the particulate counts in real-time, the PARTAC can be used to trigger alarms and activate additional samplers and instrumentation. Easy, tool-free set up enables the system to be operational in under five minutes, with no orientation or calibration requirements. Its compact size and low power consumption allow it to perform continuously in all environments.
Operating Principle : Counts individual airborne particles utilizing scattered laser light.
- Particle Size Range : 8 Channels, programmable in the range 0.3µm -10µm
- Concentration Range : 0- 9,000,000 particles per cubic foot (317,700 particles/L)
- Accuracy : ±10%, to calibration aerosol
- Sensitivity : 0.3 µm @ 2 to 1 peak to valley, 2 to 1 SIN
- Flow Rate : 1.00 LPM
- Sample Interval : 1 second to 1 minute
- Calibration Standards : Factory calibrated in accordance with ASTM F328 and ASTM F649.
- Light Source : Laser Diode, 35 mW, 808 nm
- Power :
- 6-15V DC ( 12V DC with flow system )
- Average: 140mA (400mA with flow system)
- Max: 190mA (450mA with flow system)
- Inlet Heater: 750 mA
- Certifications : Meets or exceeds CE, ISO, ASTM and JIS international certifications.
- Standards : RS-232C full duplex or RS-485 selectable full or half duplex
- Protocol : Serial (comma delimited ASCII) or MODBUS RTU
- Settings : 9600 Baud rate, 8 Data Bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit, No Flow Control Built-in MODBUS registers for laser life time, laser fault, pump life time, pump fault, and filter fault detection.
- Size : Length: 10.5' (26.7 cm); Diameter: 4.00' (10.2 cm)
- Weight : 4.0 Ib (1.8 kg)
- Mounting : To 3/4” IPS vertical pipe fitting
- Operating Temperature : -10° to +60° C
- Storage Temperature : -40° to +80° C