The PRI-MAX Primary Reducer is more than a heavy duty shredder. It combines ripping and shearing technologies to shred, tear, pierce, chop, split, flatten, crush, break and reduce materials. The unique cutter profiles and patented open cutting table design are key to achieving high capacity reduction of virtually any material. With processing rates from 1 to 150 tons per hour, SSI’s PRI-MAX product lines represent the most comprehensive range of multi-material reducers in the world.
- Single and dual shaft cutting tables are equipped with aggressive, special alloy cutters for high wear resistance and strength.
- Variable speed drive for widest processing range. High performance mode provides maximum throughput, while heavy duty mode delivers highest torque for reducing denser materials.
- Independent, bi-directional shaft rotation provides forward and reverse shredding to increase production and prevent material wrapping around the shaft.
- Heavy duty, open-grate cutting table and strategic cutter placement ensure that abrasives including aggregate, sand, soils and metal fragments will fall directly through the cutting table, reducing wear and operating costs.
- Operational modes are easily programmed to suit materials being shredded.
- Low-speed, hydraulic drive technology provides an environmentally friendly operation with low noise, low dust, minimized fines, high on-line reliability and low maintenance.
- Shockload protection feature safeguards shredder and drive components against overfeeding and damage by nonshreddables.
- Advanced Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) constantly supervises and monitors the systems and functions of the entire machine including temperature, error reporting, reversing of shafts under severe load and alarms for nonshreddable material.