Scumpipes for separation of floating scum in clarifying tanks
VA Teknik’s Scumpipes are designed for surface scum removal from rectangular clarifying tanks. They are made of stainless steel and the rotation action is controlled manually with control levers or alternatively with electrically powered machinery. The channel’s end is supported in a slide bearing and the flow end in a polyethylene flange sealed with a rubber V-ring.
- In addition you can use the sludge scrapers to control the scumpipes action.
- Most of our systems have timers to activate surface scum removal.
- All plastic parts is lubricated by tank water.
- Steel parts above water are made in hot-galvanized steel.
- Scum pipes are used for transporting surface sludge away from sedimentation tanks.