The new Clic-Clo microscreen has been designed to improve whole life costs, by providing a cartridge based screen cloth that can easily be fitted within minutes, removing the need for time-consuming cloth maintenance activities.
Microscreens are designed to receive pumped or gravity flows, and the unique design of the drum filter maximises the surface area of the filtration cloth to achieve high removal efficiency with extremely low operating costs. The WPL Clic-Clo microscreen can handle flows of 3 – 200 l/s.
Used on a variety of utility and municipal wastewater treatment plants as either permanent or temporary additions to existing process units, they are ideally configured to be used as retrofit items of kit where the existing works is failing discharge consent conditions.
Clic-Clo is a robust and low-maintenance system:
- No chemicals required for cloth maintenance
- Minimal weekly interval checks
Flexible and adaptable, it can be installed either above ground in a stainless steel cabinet (protects the unit from debris, leaf fall and provides sound attenuation) or below ground in a precast channel when considering a gravity flow. A skid-mounted option is available for above ground units. This can be hired for temporary applications, or used as a pilot trial unit to ensure suitability for your application prior to purchase.
The control panel can be provided with a specified Form 2 or Form 4 panel as an option, to accommodate particular electrical specifications, and can be connected to telemetry.
The Clic-Clo microscreen now features a cartridge based cloth/filtration system:
- ‘One-size’ cartridge fits all models
- Reduced spares stockholding
- Polyamide or stainless steel cloths can be fitted
The system can be provided with a range of interchangeable cloth cartridges from 20 microns upwards, for flexibility on flow vs flux and catering for more stringent solids consents.
An integral pumped backwash system is fitted as standard. Backwash wastewater can be discharged via an integral pumped or gravity outlet.
Low head loss through the system. Low power consumption, e.g. A 20 l/sec typical application consumes 0.3kw/hr.
Fully automated system. Process is uninterrupted during the backwash cycle.
Used as a tertiary treatment to reduce BOD and Suspended Solids after full treatment, WPL sand filters are ideal as a component of an integral system or stand-alone process unit. They can be purchased or rented as required.
- Acts as a final stage treatment process to remove a minimum 60% Suspended Solids: 40% Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Can be installed above or below ground
- Low cost solution to improving existing treatment plants that are failing to meet current or new, more onerous, consent standards
- Tried and test design incorporated into WPL’s successful range of HiPAF treatment plant
- Population equivalents up to 600, multiples thereafter
- Timed backwash sequence incorporates air scour,combined air scour and backwash, and final rinse phases