System integrators and plant operators will find Advantage extremely simple to learn and use. Users will also find they will benefit from several unique features that separate Advantage software from its competitors.
- Runs on any Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista computer
- requires NO third-party applications
- system executable files are less then 1 megabyte
- Intuitive, powerful, and flexible HMI
- learn to use the system quickly without expensive training classes
- Fully customizable, interactive graphics
- take advantage of the integrated Symbol Factory® (by Software Toolbox®)
- Includes over 3000 icons spanning several industry categories.
- Full editing capability without interruption of any system functions
- edit any database item while the system continues to run your plant (polling, logging, alarming, etc.)
- no need for an off-line development system or separate editing computer
- Built-in, configurable data logging and reporting
- automatically generate reports from logged historical data without costly third-party applications
- Built-in maintenance scheduling
- automatically generate scheduled maintenance item reports without costly third-party applications
- Isolated subsystem testing
- test/monitor/manipulate control strategies or individual database points while the system continues to run
- Global graphic coloring strategies
- build customized graphic coloring schemes without scripting each individual object
- Intelligent tag database entry tool
- add incremental tags (tags that differ 'incrementally' by name and address) with a single click
- Configurable real-time and historical trends
- customize trends to include multiple scales, arbitrary sample rates, and arbitrary time spans
- Hot backup capability
- automatically (no manual intervention or reboot) transfer polling and logging control to a 'redundant host' computer if a problem is discovered at the host computer
- Independent field device acquisition pollers
- efficiently poll multiple stations simultaneously
- Remote terminals via network and/or dialup
- view entire system and interact with database points from any networked computer or phone line
- Full database testing functionality
- instantly view any database inconsistencies
- Remote alarm notification via customizable audio phone calls and/or alpha-numeric pages
- receive alarm notifications on your cell phone and/or pager while away from the plant
- ODBC-compliant (CSV) files of tag database, reports, and logs
- view your database/reports/logs using Microsoft Excel or any CSV-compliant application
Advantage software supports an extensive set of tag value trending features.
Key Trend Features
- Unlimited Trend pages (both historical and real-time)
- Unlimited pens on a Trend page
- Trend displays can be paused/resumed without data loss
- User configurable Trend time-span and sample-rate
- Individual pens can be associated with any tag
- Individual pens can be displayed in any color and may be thin, medium, thick
- Individual pens can be displayed as 'filled' so that the area beneath the pen is filled with the specified pen color
- Each pen can have a unique scale associated with it (displayed on the right when selected)
- Individual pen statistics (current value, min value, max value, avg value) are displayed
Below is a sample Trend page:
Advantage Tags are user-defined system elements that represent a field devices or internal logic/computations.
Key Tag Features
- Tags can be added quickly with an 'incremental tag addition' feature
- Tags can be exported to an ODBC-compliant format
- Tags can easily be enabled\disabled from a Graphics page (or Test page)
- Tags can be associated with certain security levels and/or security groups
- Unlimited Tag 'notes' can be added to any tag
- Tag List page can be sorted by several tag attributes
- Tag List page displays several tag attributes including current value (updated in real-time)
Advantage software supports multiple useful tag types, such as
- Real-world or virtual I/O (digital, analog, register, and multi-position switch)
- Timers and Counters
- Setpoints for alarming and control functions
- Equation tags (digital and analog) - [Comprehensive equation support]
- Fully functional PID control, including complex and ratio control
Below is a sample Analog Equation Tag configuration:
Advantage has built in SCADA alarm manager and phone dialer. Remote notification can be sent by recorded wav files, alpha pager, or text message.
Advantage software supports Alarms that are generated when configured Tags enter certain states or when communication with configured Stations is lost.
Key Alarm Features
- Support for three alarm levels: Notice, Warning, and Critical
- Alarms are displayed on the flashing Alarm banner on the toolbar, regardless of user's current view
- Individual alarm messages can be configured on specific graphic displays
- Alarms can also be configured to produce an audio alert
- Alarms are stored on a historical alarm page and can also be logged to files and/or sent to a printer
- Alarms can also be configured to activate remote notification sequences, such as audio phone calls and/or alpha-numeric pages.
- Audio phone calls can be either computer-generated audio or pre-recorded audio messages.
Below is an example of an Alarm page and an Alarm banner:
Below is an example of the Remote Notification setup:
Advantage supports on-line process control strategy evaluation and testing using the TEST page.
This testing feature can be used for Process Simulation.
Key Test Page Features
- Unlimited Test pages
- Unlimited tags on a Test page
- Powerful 'related tag tree' creation tool
- Real-time tag value display
- 'On-page' tag value/mode/attributes editing functionality
Below is a sample Test page:
Advantage software supports multiple users (system operators.)
Key User Features
- Each user is assigned a User name, Password, Security Level, and Tag Group Designators
- There are 5 user security levels ranging from 'None' to 'Level 1'
- Users with Level 1 security clearance have complete system access while users with no security clearance have only limited system viewing priveleges
- Group designators associate users with tag groups in order to grant access to certain tags while disallowing access to other tags, thus allowing for a highly customizable user/tag security scheme
- The logged-in user name is used in system event logging
Advantage software supports the automatic/manual generation of user-defined reports.
Key Report Features
- Reports can contain value averages, maximums, minimums, time-stamps, run-times, on/off cycles, and user-defined text
- Reports can be generated 'on-demand'
- Reports are ODBC-compliant (.csv files)
- Reports are stored on disk and/or printed at user-specified intervals
- Reports can be automatically backed-up to floppy disk or mapped network drive
- Reports can be of any time-span and include entries of any time-span
- Reports can contain unlimited Tag entries
- Reports retrieve Tag data from the customizable Advantage historical log files
Below is an example of a generated report:
Advantage software supports extensive maintenance scheduling capabilities.
Data acquired on-line (e.g. run times, on/off cycles, etc.) for plant equipment can be used to set up maintenance schedules and initiate prompts when service is required. Prompts for off-line devices or procedures can be included in the maintenance items as well.
Below is the Maintenance Item Attributes page: