The tasks are perfectly distributed, and exchange is optimally coordinated between the two main building blocks - AquisNet DAS and AquisNet Data Center. The result is a perfectly balanced and highly stable operation of air quality monitoring networks of any size. AquisNet is a complete solution for air quality monitoring networks. KISTERS AquisNet is available for both: the data center and the monitoring station.
The modularity of AquisNet provides customers with a wide range of options. AquisNet can be deployed as a complete package with software installed at a central control center, as well as at individual remote monitoring locations. Alternatively, AquisNet can be installed only at the central control center, or only installed at individual monitoring locations to provide specific functionality.
AquisNet consists of five fundamental software modules. A functional system can be built by combining just two of the modules, namely the system core with either AquisNet DMO or AquisNet REP. The DV forwarding module and DMS station module, used in individual metering points outside the master station, are optional components.
The strengths of the proposed valid and sound solution concept are briefly presented in the following:
- Field-proven solution: AquisNet directly evolved from client demands for a robust and flexible air quality data management solution that can grow with handle a wide range of situations;
- A comprehensive solution from a single vendor: from procurement, installation and all the way through to the operational phase, KISTERS supports the AquisNet solution;
- Market-standard operating systems and hardware devices: KISTERS procures its hardware from renowned names in the industry and ensures that its current versions are tested on all popular operating systems;
- Commercial Off-the-Shelf software: AquisNet is a proven solution managing some of the largest air quality monitoring networks. The use of COTS software like AquisNet, ensures stability and field-tested robustness, while customizing ensures adaptability to individual needs and requirements;
- Routed communications throughout the network: whether you want to access a DAS from the DMS, or a DAS from another DAS, or even an input signal or smart analyzer using proprietary manufacturer software from within the network or by secured remote access, AquisNet supports all of these communication modes making every single component of interest IP-addressable;
- The power of a database application neatly wrapped in a three-tier architecture isolates the user from needing to understand database programming, or other technical intricacies while providing extensive IT administration means to administer and maintain the system.
- Flexible web-based GUI: all components of the AquisNet software suite come with their own GUI, and most of them are web-based. It is possible to start a GUI from any of the network nodes. This results in a high level of flexibility. Typical tasks can thus be done remotely without the need to install an executable locally on a PC;
- Auditability of the system: AquisNet Data Center is a database application that stores all data in a central RDBMS, including meta data on data modifications and editing transactions to provide complete edit trail and rollback functionality. Device and asset traceability is assured. AquisNet also produces log files, documents system states, and sequences of tasks.
- Continuous development of AquisNet: a dedicated team of developers and environmental engineers using KISTERS proven cross-product technology produced in-house by horizontal development teams at the service of the vertical applications in use with hundreds of customers worldwide.
- Import from a range of sources (stations, laboratories, other measuring networks, interval measurements)
- Export of time series and basic data
- Report forwarding by FTP, e-mail, fax, SMS or printer
Stability, availability and responsiveness
KISTERS software has a reputation of extreme stability. Software developed by KISTERS is used worldwide by many agencies and industrial players in markets with strict requirements in terms of high-availability and responsiveness that many would find difficult to meet.
- AquisNet is ideally suited for the industry: management of large regional ambient air quality networks and of small but disaster-critical fence-line monitoring systems on industrial sites. In both applications, stability, availability and responsiveness are key issues. In regional ambient air quality monitoring the general public needs to be updated continuously on the overall air quality situation. Special emphasis is placed on data quality and accuracy during periods of high ozone concentrations in the troposphere in stable and sunny weather conditions, and the need to access high resolution data to identify individual releases of gaseous or particulate pollutants. In industrial fence-line monitoring applications the system must be relied on during hazardous events providing guaranteed responsiveness and availability of data recorded before, during and after the event.
KISTERS achieves astonishing levels of stability, availability and responsiveness by means of sharing application layers between its applications. Time series data management is a core competency of KISTERS who have been producing time series data management software for almost 25 years. Other examples of shared expertise/software layers are: Web publishing, GUI development, and Open Data standardization.
Local, national and international experience
KISTERS has a long history of providing environmental software to public authorities or subordinate structures in the US and Canada. Examples from the field of hydrological monitoring include the California Department of Water Resources, New York City Department of Environmental Protection, US Geological Survey, Merced Irrigation District, Turlock Irrigation District, Oregon Water Resources Department, City of Philadelphia, City of Austin, Berkeley National Laboratory, BC Hydro, Alberta Environment, and Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources to name a few. With a client base where more than 97% of our clients are government or public sector agencies, KISTERS is adept at delivering complex projects on-time and within budget.
Incorporates the latest standards and technologies
KISTERS’ software solutions, whether they are for air quality monitoring, hydrological monitoring, or energy monitoring, are known around the world for their high quality, high capacity, scalability and technically accurate results. More than $7 million US is invested annually on research and development initiatives at KISTERS to ensure our solutions are meeting the evolving demands of our clients and keeping up with the pace of technology change. KISTERS software is also developed according to DIN ISO 9001-2008 standard, ensuring the strictest of procedures and processes are followed during the development.
Deliver a productive, easy to learn and user friendly system
Organizations responsible for air quality monitoring often collect large volumes of continuous air quality data. This data needs to be processed to assure quality and to transform it into useable information. Varting numbers of staff is involved in the collection, processing, reporting and management of this data. AquisNet must deliver on specific general requirements relating to: technological capability, support industry standards, meet end-user requirements, foster increased adoption and offer best in class software support resources. AquisNet fulfills all of these key requirements.
AquisNet also provides organizations with;
- Field proven time series management technology
- Data acquisition and validation in real time
- Fully automated processes to acquire, validate, collect, centralize, store, manage, evaluate and aggregate data
- Numerical statistical analysis and powerful graphics
- Advanced reporting and dissemination schemes including web publishing
- Flexibility due to modular concept to suit your needs now and stay open for upgrades in the future
- Choice of operating environment and relational database management system
- Scalability to meet data needs and budget constraints
- Easy integration of AquisNet into existing platforms
- Compliance with major air pollution regulations