Based on the requirements of Safety Management System Standard OHSAS 18001, the course provides participants with the knowledge of the OHSAS 18001 standard and insight, understanding, knowledge and skills to apply an effective audit methodology based on business goals and existing risk exposures.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for anyone involved in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system and/or for anyone performing internal audits of an occupational health & safety management system, such as safety officers, managers and auditors. No prior knowledge of auditing, occupational health & safety management systems or ISO 18001 is required prior to attending this course.
Recommended follow-up courses:
- Internal Auditor Intensive Skills Course
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor Course (IRCA)
- Introduction to occupational health & safety management; what and why?
- OHSAS 18001: backgrounds, structure, elements and goals
- Introduction to risk management and related concepts
- Risk identification and assessment
- The requirements of the OHSAS 18001, interpreting and translation into practice
- Safety pressures on business and organizational workplace risk exposures
- Setting up an internal audit program
- Auditing techniques
- Planning and preparing for an safety audit
- Conducting and reporting safety audits
- Corrective action implementation and follow-up