Actuators for the water & sewage industry - Water and Wastewater
Water treatment and distribution offers significant opportunities for Rotork. With climate change affecting the availability of water in many areas of the world, there is an increasing need for processes which will maximise existing resources such as desalination plants and water re-use projects.
Rotork has more than 50 years' experience in serving the water industry worldwide, which has culminated in products that have been developed and fine-tuned to meet the specific needs of our water company customers. Rotork valve actuators are widely recognised as being the most technically advanced, reliable, long life, watertight, and user-friendly actuators in the business. They also provide a number of unique cost saving benefits that particularly help water industry customers.
We are the world's largest independent manufacturer of heavy duty valve actuators and our products control thousands of valves in water and sewage plants across the world.
Actuators are Vital
Managing water and waste water plants is a complex operation and safety and efficiency are paramount. Actuators are vital at every point.
7 Core Requirements
As a specialist in the water industry, Rotork is dedicated to meeting these 7 core needs with the actuators that we design and manufacture and the services we provide.
1. Specifying & Planning
- A full range of actuators
- A wide choice of different types and sizes
- Different duties and applications
- Working with our customers and contractors to define the specifications of the actuators and control systems.
- Technical support in the design stage.
2. Cost Efficiency
- The right actuator for each application and environment.
- All actuators are environmentally sealed to reduce long term maintenance requirements.
- Standard interfaces for every type of application (valves and sluice gates).
- Easy to install and commission with infrared setting tool.
- Full monitoring and control functionality within standard cost.
3. Central Control
- Able to isolate or control the flow.
- Simple integral controls for remote operation.
- Digital electronics that respond quickly and reliably.
- Remote control and reporting through Fieldbus Systems for every application.
- Alternative of hard wiring and proportional control for some locations.
- Actuator electronics can be used to facilitate control of other equipment.
- Manual control in event of failure of central controls.
- Information on status of valves and actuators is available centrally and locally.
- Full data capture of history of valve and actuator, for diagnosis and management.
- Valve torque profiles and events log to help diagnose valve and control problems.
- Valve, control system and actuator information to guide maintenance plans.
5. Water Safety
- Our actuators are designed to meet international, national and industry standards for water safety.
- TÜV approval for SIL 2 applications available.
- Working together with process control instrumentation, our actuators have many features that are designed for water safety:
- Reliable remote operation
- Accurate positioning of valves and repeatability of valve position
- Immediate electronic feedback by actuator to confirm that action is in progress
- Configurable alarms.
- Failsafe operation.
- Manual override in event of power failure.
6. Durability & Reliability
- Designed to survive extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- Long operating life with very low maintenance requirements. Depending on their usage, many of our actuators are still operational after 30 years or more, even in the most demanding environments and with minimal or no maintenance.
- IP68 environmentally sealed from the factory.
- With non-intrusive setting, so the covers do not ever need to be removed, even for commissioning.
- Our watertight actuators have double O-ring sealed terminal compartments that can survive being submerged or water ingress through a conduit, so that actuator components are protected from environmental ingress.
7. On-going Support
- We provide technical support worldwide, via Rotork offices or Rotork representative companies.
- We provide training on installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- We provide long term asset management.