Advanced water purification technologies for power generation sector - Energy - Power Distribution
SnowPure has been providing EDI technology to the power plant market since 2002. Power plants around the globe are utilizing our Electropure EDI™ including locations in the United States, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, and China. With the introduction of our higher-capacity EXL™ product we are now able to serve a greater share of the power plant market including larger installations.
Combined-cycle power plants and all high-pressure steam turbines require high-pressure water, free of silica. SnowPure’s EDI and GTM products replace traditional chemical-based resin systems, making an all-membrane process.
- Silica Requirements: Turbines <10 ppb
- Electropure EDI: <1-5 ppb
Some examples of SnowPure's Electropure EDI installations include:
- 821 MegaWatt power plant in Texas with a 200 gpm RO+EDI system
- 235 MegaWatt power plant in Poland with a 100 gpm RO+EDI system
- 377 MegaWatt power plant in Israel with a 120 gpm RO+EDI system
Typical power plant water treatment deionization system consists of the following processes: