Air purification & filtration solutions for the mold, lead & asbestos industry - Health and Safety - Hazardous Substances
Containment and safety issues are a critical consideration when working on any mold remediation or abatement projects. Improperly contained, the dust and bio-contaminants released can, be very harmful for both on-site workers and occupants in neighboring areas. Exactly how you approach your containment and capture solutions will depend on the individual site’s risk assessment report. If you need help identifying solutions to the issues raised in the report, feel free to contact our customer service department and we can review your options together. In most cases, however, there are four common considerations that will be relevant: Meeting Containment and Air Change Requirements. Monitoring of Containment Pressure. Sterilization of Filtered Air. Removal of Odors, Mold Spores, VOC’s and other Airborne Bio-Contaminates.
Negative pressure containment is an industry standard method of capturing fine dust particles and mold spores that are inevitably released during mold abatement and restoration projects. Ensuring your contained area has the required air changes (ACH) and that the air is adequately scrubbed is where you will find the competitive advantage of our OmniAire line of HEPA Air Filtration Machines.
With standard airflows ranging from 50 to 18000 CFM, OmniAire Air Filtration Machines can provide the necessary ACH for any size project. To calculate which of our machines will best suit your needs, try our Air Flow Calculator in both SAE and Metric.
Maintaining adequate pressure containment, air changes, and HEPA efficiency is important to your overall project management needs.
- It creates a safe environment – negative containment with adequate clean air changes
- It can reduce potential liability – prevents spreading of contaminants from abatement area
- It can protects your workers – improved job performance
- Variable CFM Control – OmniAire machines are available with airflows ranging from 50 to 18000 cfm and many of our models offer a variable speed control to allow for an infinite array of airflow settings.
- Economical HEPA Filters – Our HEPA filters are designed to provide an exceptional service life before replacements are needed. With our standard 12” deep 99.97%, 0.3 micron HEPA filter, and an optional 99.99%, 0.3 micron (individually tested and certified) HEPA filter, we can meet your HEPA air filtration needs.
- Operating Safety Standards – OmniAire Air Filtration Machines meets the UL, CSA and OSHA safety standards required on governmental projects, in healthcare facilities and on abatement and remediation job sites where employee safety is of concern. In addition, a number of our models meet CE/IEC regulations and requirements for export.
- Built for Durability and Reliability – All of our OmniAire machines are built to perform in tough construction environments. They are designed to be easy to maintain and to meet the DOP efficiency testing needs of your project.
For assistance in choosing the correct OmniAire HEPA Negative Air Machine for your mold abatement project use our handy Airflow Calculator.
When using negative pressure containment, it is important to monitor the pressure inside the containment in reference to the outside area. However, because the typical negative pressure required at most abatement sites is usually only 0.020”WC, it can be difficult to find equipment sensitive enough to measure and monitor your containment area.
Omnitec Design has two options to meet this need. Both the Watchman Differential Pressure Monitor and the self-contained Omniguard 4 Pressure Recorder are designed to provide highly accurate monitoring and alarm functions while still being easy to setup with a simple push-button calibration.
When dealing with biological contaminants from mold or other restoration and abatement projects, there can be a need to sterilize the air passing through your Air Filtration Machines from viruses or bacteria. In these situations, Omnitec Design has a UV Germicidal Irradiation Add-on Module that fits the OmniAire 2000C, OmniAire 2000V, OmniAire 1200V, and the OmniAire 1600PAC.
Combining UV lights with HEPA filtration not only increases the safety of workers and occupants of the building, it also reduces the time required to complete the job by reducing the amount of the airborne mold spores and bacteria.
Controlling mold spores, odor, VOC’s and other bio-contaminates is a challenge for remediation projects that can require specialized equipment. For this purpose, Omnitec Design has developed the PEROx Air Purifier.
The PEROx Air Purifier is designed to control and eliminate biological contaminants, mold spores, odors, and VOCs as well being able to support sanitized air and surface levels during the restoration process.
The PEROx Air Purifier generates hydro-peroxide ions, which are a proactive method of indoor air sanitation without the use of additional chemicals, and it can safely be used in occupied spaces throughout restoration and in the final cleanup of restored areas. Omnitec Design makes both a stand-alone model and an add-on module to our other machines.
PEROx Purifier will destroy following:
- Mold & Mildew
- Chemical Fumes
- Paint Odors
- Cleaning Chemical Odors
- Pet odors
- Sewer Odors
- Decaying Organic Matter
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Tobacco Odors and many other hazardous bio-contaminants.