AutoChem - Process Safety
Detect Thermal Hazards Early and Design Safety Into The Chemical Process. We must ask ourselves: How much heat will be generated under normal conditions? How will a change in condition, controlled or uncontrolled, change the rate of heat generation? Can our process equipment handle removing the heated generated? Answering these questions with speed and accuracy is necessary to ensure safe and efficient design and scale-up of synthesis reactions.
METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in providing measurements for laboratory characterization of the thermal behavior of batch and semi-batch reactions.
- Thermal Analysis for characterization of decomposition profiles - identifying potential of explosions and runaway reactions
- Reaction Calorimetry for monitoring heat of reaction under normal operating conditions with accurately controlled temperature, pressure, dosing rates. RTCal provides real time heat of reaction measurement - for isothermal and non-isothermal processes -without the need for calibration
- Reaction monitoring (in situ FTIR with ReactIR for a full picture of reaction mechanisms and kinetics - including detection of intermediates and side reactions
- iC Safety software to automate the calculation of standard thermal safety values - heat of reaction, thermal conversion, thermal accumulation, adiabatic temperature rise, Maximum Temperature of Synthetic Reaction (MTSR).
- Safety Messages from U.S. Chemical Safety Board
- Case Study: Process Modification Improves Safety and Shortens Downtime