Bio solutions for the marine construction sector - Manufacturing, Other
A Perfect Blend of Compliance and Sustainability. Whether they are dredging, pile driving or building a seawall, the marine construction industry is seeing the future, and it is RSC Bio Solutions. Our RSC EnviroLogic and RSC SAFECARE series of readily biodegradable lubricants, cleaners and solvents comply with the ever-changing world of federal and local regulations—including the 2013 EPA Vessel General Permit (VGP). But we offer much more than mere compliance. As a leader, we owe you more. And we deliver. Our mission truly is to help keep you moving forward. Time is money, and we respect your time. That’s why we design products that can create lower cleanup costs, less downtime and that can pay for themselves almost immediately after an unauthorized discharge.
RSC Bio Solutions’ non-sheening products are biodegradable by 60% within 28 days (according to OECD 301B of ASTM D7373 methods), leaving the waterways and marine environment safer and cleaner.
At the end of the day, though, you need fluids that do more than simply comply with the 2013 EPA VGP and the proposed sVGP — you need fluids that deliver the performance your equipment demands.
In other words, RSC Bio Solutions helps keep you moving forward.
- RSC Bio Solutions certifies that our products meet the EPA’s definition of Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EALs)
- EPA VGP and sVGP compliant and technically feasible
The EPA, as well as state and municipal governments, mandates compliance with various regulations. But regulatory compliance doesn’t have to mean performance tradeoffs. RSC Bio Solutions’ EnviroLogic lubricants have a broader operating temperature range, superior lubricity and antiwear characteristics resulting in longer changeover intervals and extended equipment life.
In fact, the EnviroLogic series of products has passed the Vickers and Denison pump tests that measure key component wear—with flying colors. Add to that, EnviroLogic’s compatibility with seals and elastomer materials and its well-established use in construction and dredging and it’s safe to say, EnviroLogic hydraulic fluids are proven to perform as well as—and in many cases better than—their petroleum based counterparts.
The SAFECARE line of cleaners and solvents works just as well. The powerful, industrial strength, readily biodegradable products don’t compromise on performance. And they’re minimally toxic—meaning they’re safer for users and safer for the environment.
Extensive lab testing and field demonstrations have proven that RSC Bio Solutions’ lubricants meet or exceed the performance of traditional petroleum based products. That’s why our products have been approved by so many original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)—and why, if you haven’t already, it’s time to switch.
- Readily biodegradable products biodegrade ≥ 60% within 28 days*
- Industrial strength
- Less downtime
Our uniquely engineered marine lubricants and cleaners leave no sheen on the water’s surface and are effective for use in the following applications:
- Construction vessels: controlled pitch propellers, thrusters, stern tubes, thruster bearings, stabilizers, rudder bearings, azimuth thrusters, propulsion pod, wire rope lubricant and mechanical equipment subject to immersion
- Any equipment with an oil-to-water interface
- Hydraulic systems including mobile hydraulic systems
- Work boat lift equipment, cranes, winches, wire rope cranes, lift equipment
- Dredging: mechanical buckets, grinders, pulverizers, conveyors
- Pile driving: hammers, vibratory hammers
- Fluid-to-torque auger drills, drive caps and impact hammers, striker plates and vibrators with specialty gears
- Deck and equipment wash (cleaners)
- Oil stain removal (cleaners)
- Parts washing (cleaners)