Biodiversity Monitoring - Environmental
In many sectors with large impacts on land such as mining, oil & gas, and construction, it is common for sustainability leaders to assert that they will have ‘no net loss’, or a ‘net positive impact’ on biodiversity. These promises regarding organisational biodiversity performance are proving extremely difficult to test.
Our Ecosystem and the Normative Biodiversity Metric (NBM; a tool developed in-house by Ecometrica) – give sustainability leaders a chance to measure, analyse and communicate the success of these promises.
Data on the biodiversity significance of land is calculated in a simple, easy to understand manner with the Normative Biodiversity Metric and publicised to stakeholders visually on Our Ecosystem, or used internally. This data can also be presented in biodiversity accounts which can be publicised in sustainability reports: the Our Ecosystem/Normative Biodiversity Metric solution can give a completely transparent, integrated solution with the same data displayed visually as in company reports.
Our Ecosystem is a platform for deploying apps that give access to interactive spatial data from satellites and other sources. The apps allow easy and rapid generation, sharing and analysis of information applicable to a wide range of situations.
- Access information derived from satellite sensors, weather stations and many other sources to help your business
- Wide range of apps available for different sectors and problems
- Simple to use interface, designed for non expert users, no software to install
- Great for collaboration and communication
- Growing community of users around the world
- Build custom apps to meet your needs
- Improve usefulness and efficiency of research