Centrifugation and Separation Technologies for Soil Treatment (Flushing) - Soil and Groundwater
This water jet cleaning technology for soil cleaning is applicable for removing any contaminants necessarily demanding vibration treatment and high pressure water flushing.
Crude oil and petroleum products can serve as examples of such contaminants. Oil-contaminated products escape into the soil in the process of oil exploitation, transportation and refinery.
The method of burning of oil-contaminated soil practicing at some plants not only damages environment to the great extent; it is costly since valuable petroleum products containing in contaminated soil go to waste.
Proposed water jet technology for soil cleaning aims to remove valuable product from contaminated soil and also facilitates preparation of other components for their further use or disposal at minimum expense.
Oil contaminated soil recovery (flushing) plant includes:
- soil preparation and treatment module (optional);
- feeding and water jet cleaning module;
- flocculant preparation and dosing system;
- plant control system;
- 3-phase decanter centrifuge;
- washing water cleaning module;
- 2-phase decanter centrifuge for follow-up soil dewatering (optional);
- soil drying system (optional).
Water jet cleaning module provides watering, treating and high pressure flushing as well as separation of clean soil and wastes (with particles grading, e.g. > 5 mm, 0.15 – 5 mm).
Flocculant preparation and dosing system in conjunction with washing water cleaning module facilitate washing water cleaning and primary oil phase recovery.
Three-phase decanter centrifuge performes fine filtering of extracted oil and also water separation. Using two-phase decanter centrifuge and/or soil drying system allows reducing water consumption.
Your benefits from the use of contaminated soil treatment (flushing) plant:
- high flushing capacity (depending on construction and type of soil treated - up to 250 mt/hr);
- valuable components extraction;
- modular containerized design: mobility;
- reduced expenses for transportation and disposal: usually only 5-10% of total amount of oil sludge to be disposed is remaining;
- enhanced performance and reduced labor costs due to round-the-clock automated operation;
- low energy consumption;
- quality 'made in EU'.