Chemical metering for the wastewater industry - Water and Wastewater
Watson-Marlow`s tube pumps and hose pumps handle a broad range of chemical metering and transfers that destroy progressive cavity, lobe and diaphragm pumps.
Abrasive chemicals such as lime slurry , powdered activated carbon (PAC), sodium hypochlorite (hypo), alum and other chemicals wear metallic parts and rip through rotors, stators and seals of other pump types causing a maintenance nightmare.
Our positive displacement pumps provide consistent and reliable performance. The features include:
- high pressure capability for chemical injection
- metering accuracies to +/- 0.5% saving on expensive chemical usage
- no ancillary equipment required
- only one wearing part – the tube/hose
- self-priming, dry running, no vapor locking
- Lower total cost of ownership
- With peristaltic pumps the slurry is securely contained within the hose, only contacting the hose making maintenance a breeze.