Chlorine Dioxide Water Treatment for the Food Processing Industry - Food and Beverage - Food

CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide can safely be used for washing fruit and vegetables, seafood, meat, mushrooms and many other foodstuffs. CleanOxide Chlorine Dioxide destroys bacteria including potentially harmful pathogens such as E.coli, as well as controlling fungi and fungal spores ensuring reduced risk for the consumer and increased shelf life for the produce. Residual chlorine dioxide left on the produce degrades rapidly leaving no harmful residues.

Freshly slaughtered animals are contaminated with pathogenic micro-organisms. These micro-organisms are present both on the surfaces of the animals, as well as in the intestinal tracts immediately after slaughter. To insure product safety, recent federal regulations require microbiological testing rather than visual inspection. These regulations require that carcasses be tested for Salmonella.

Chlorine dioxide has been used very successfully in food, meat, slaughter house as a processing aid that is added to process water maintaining good microbial quality thereby impacting on the quality maintenance and shelf life of the produce.

  • Effective over a broad pH range (4 to 10).
  • Controls bacteria, fungi, viruses, biofilm and algae.
  • Does not react with ammonia & does not produce toxic compounds in contact with organic materials present in water.
  • Effective at lower dose rates than chlorine or bromine.
  • Non-corrosive at the recommended dose rates.
  • Bio-degradable in sunlight.
  • Micro-organisms do not develop resistance to Clean Oxide.
  • Improves shelf life of treated produce
  • Permitted as processing aid for all foods (FSANZ Standard 1.3.3)

Chlorine Dioxide is permitted as a processing aid for all foods (FSANZ Standard 1.3.3) provided the final food contains no more than 1mg/kg chlorine dioxide. At the recommended dose rates below, CleanOxide conforms to this standard.

Please note the chlorine dioxide demand will always be dependent on the quality of water and volume of produce being treated. The greater the chlorine dioxides demand the more chlorine dioxide will be required.

The superior air sanitisation solution eliminates odours, airborne bacteria and viruses in residential and commercial applications.

Unlike most conventional Odour treatments that merely mask bad smells our CleanOxide Gel actually has the ability to kill the source of the problem. The Chlorine Dioxide that is released from the Gel works by destroying part of the odour molecule, stripping it of its odour potential. It is the oxygen ions that are doing the work, killing the airborne bacteria, mould or viruses and safely eliminating odour.

The CleanOxide Gel is suitable for Commercial and residential use.