MIOX Corporation - Johnson Matthey`s Water Technologies

Disposal wells treatment for oil and gas industry - Oil, Gas & Refineries

Treating the water being injected for disposal is not always considered by operators. This is likely costing you money in the long run. Removing iron, heavy metals, and treating out ammonia is a benefit to treating with MIOX’s mixed oxidant solution. While these are benefits of the technology, the most important is the elimination of bacteria which can cause Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), corrosion pitting, poor injectivity and other problems, resulting in great well workover frequency. Treating injection wells does not need to be expensive, and can be treated as you inject.

MIOX’s Mixed Oxidant technology can do the following:

  • Helps keeps the well healthy and reduces fouling
  • Kills Bacteria (especially H2S causing Bacteria)
  • Eliminates existing H2S
  • Treats out Ammonia
  • Oxidizes Iron (Fe2) and heavy metals
  • Lowest cost per barrel treatment
  • Small footprint
  • Safest biocide alternative in Oil & Gas industry
  • Minimal user manpower & service required
  • High Volume High Rate Capacity
  • On-Site Chemistry Generation Eliminates Chemical Middle Men
  • Highest Performance vs. per barrel cost
    • Outperforms Ozone, UV, Chlorine Dioxide, Electrocoagulation and conventional biocides on cost vs. performance

During produced and flowback water treatment, oil & gas companies want to avoid dangerous chemicals whenever possible. They also want to remove iron, treat out Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) and ammonia and they want to eliminate bacteria which can later cause Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) issues, corrosion, poor well performance, and other problems. MIOX’s Mixed Oxidant helps with all of these issues.

When dosed correctly, Mixed Oxidant virtually eliminates most if not all bacteria from the water utilizing drinking water safe chemistry.

Table salt (NaCl) is mixed with water to create a brine solution. This brine is then passed through MIOX’s proprietary equipment which applies an electric current, creating a Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS). The resulting Mixed Oxidant solution is dilute enough to impose no Health, Safety or Environmental concerns.