Dosing pumps for water and wastewater treatment industry - Water and Wastewater - Water Treatment
Peristaltic pumps are proven performers in water and waste treatment solving problems including: Dosing and metering treatment chemicals and reagents including ferric chloride (“Ferric”), sodium hypochlorite (“Hypo”), chlorine water, lime (Kalic or Kalkmilch), caustic soda, powder activated carbon and polymers, sludge transfer, filter press feeds.
Typically both hose and tube pumps are used as chemical dosing pumps accurately and repeatedly delivering a wide range of chemicals whilst addressing the problems of the liquid:
- Lime is abrasive causing diaphragm pumps to clog due to lime’s viscosity and progressive cavity pumps to suffer from abrasive wear
- Hypo offgases when pumped causing dosing pumps to vapour lock resulting untreated liquid streams
- Polymers are often shear sensitive and progressing cavity pumps reduce the particle size leading to increase chemical usage
- Sludge’s often have a high grit content creating abrasive wear problem for many pumps with rotary pumps suffering from ragging problems on primary sludge.
- Additionally, Verderflex Smart tube pumps can be interfaced with SCADA systems giving easy remote controlled dosing capabilities.