Dryers, coolers, air filtration systems for minerals industry - Mining - Minerals
Fluid bed dryers and coolers from Ventilex are the ideal solution for the aggregates and minerals industry. Drying systems for minerals and aggregates consume a lot of energy leading to high operational costs and low margins. Greater wear-and-tear due to the abrasive nature of the materials being processed also means frequent maintenance and repairs or replacement expenses.
We are the only company to offer guaranteed energy savings. We provide clients with a ROI calculation spreadsheet that compares the initial cost including installation and the total life cycle cost of operation of our dyer vs. the common alternatives. Our initial price is typically higher but the life cycle cost is very attractive. Typically, our clients find that Ventilex offers the lowest life cycle cost with a payback of 1 to 2 years over the closest alternative.
- Our high-efficiency dryers typically deliver 30-60% energy cost reduction, the lowest energy consumption among dryer beds. The exhaust from the cooler area can be recycled to the dryer area so that excess heat energy in the product is reclaimed in the dryer.
- Sturdy stainless steel construction backed by European excellence in engineering and manufacturing requires less maintenance, further lowering operating expense
- Ventilex state-of-the-art PLC control system offers advanced temperature and humidity controls to deliver optimal processing capacity and quality
Sand, gravel, limestone, salt, marble, clay—whatever material you work with, our drying systems provide reliable and predictable results while using less energy. Our sand dryer is recognized as one of the finest fluidized bed dryers for aggregates (and hydraulic fracturing) and is used by leading companies all over the world. Drying systems from Ventilex offer valuable operational savings when compared to a rotary dryer and most other conventional high-frequency vibrating or static fluid bed dryers. Customized applications with multi-point PLC temperature controls and robust construction make this possible.
If you’re looking for cost-efficiency and processing quality, talk to us. We provide testing at our facility or yours as well as pilot rentals for initial plant start-up.
- Eliminates corrosion: Parts of the fluid bed dryer that come in direct contact with the product are manufactured in stainless steel
- Reduced wear-and-tear: High-amplitude and low-frequency fluidized conveyance easily handles abrasive products
- Precise control of product end moisture: Made possible by variations in inlet moisture content
- No need to clean out stones or larger particles: High amplitude motion of the fluidized dryer transports these as well
- Rugged construction: Burner housing and undercase of the dryer are built in high-temperature-resistant steel instead of stainless steel or carbon steel [we use16MO3]
- Construction is designed to avoid problems associated with thermal expansion:
- Round hatches and absence of sharp corners or edges avoids crack formation
- Bedplate is mounted in such a way that allows free movement
- Undercase is mounted with a slide construction to the frame to allow for thermal expansion
- Strengthening strips are mounted so that the dryer can expand