Intelligent compliance solutions for industrial, automotive & heavy equipment
Industrial, automotive and heavy equipment manufacturers share a common set of business challenges ranging from managing a highly complex supplier network, to providing a safe work environment and meeting complex EHS regulatory obligations. Meeting these challenges while also controlling costs, mitigating risk, innovating new products and driving operational efficiencies is a difficult job. With Verisk 3E™ as your single trusted source for global regulatory expertise and compliance solutions you will be able to manage regulatory changes, focus on employee safety, avoid supply chain disruption and accelerate time to market.
Few industries have a more complex supply chain than industrial and heavy equipment manufacturers. The number of suppliers they source from can be in the hundreds, even thousands, resulting in mountains of data to manage in order to meet the safety and compliance requirements of their finished products. Verisk 3E provides a central source of comprehensive, accurate compliance content solutions and services that can be easily managed and integrated into a manufacturer's business processes. Verisk 3E can help you:
- Gather compliance information from suppliers
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries while protecting confidential business information and trade secrets
- Monitor new and emerging regulatory obligations and assess how they impact your business
- Analyze compliance status by supplier, raw material, product or obligation
- Push disclosures, declarations, certificates or other compliance documents to downstream users in your supply chain
While compliance affects the entire manufacturing organization, typically only a few individuals fully understand and are accountable for ensuring the requirements are met. Product compliance information and data usually exists in silos, spread across several business units throughout the organization. Verisk 3E provides EHS and regulatory professionals with powerful and robust tools for a number of compliance related activities, including:
- Research the EHS effectiveness of raw materials and finished products
- Research how substances used are regulated in the markets in which you manufacture and sell your products
- Identify the potential existence of banned chemicals in your inventory
- Produce SDSs and labels for finished products, including exposure scenarios and extended SDSs
- Ensure downstream customers receive / have access to your products' SDSs and emergency response contact information
A safe workplace is paramount in a manufacturing environment. Providing employees with unrestricted access to safety information such as SDSs can drastically reduce the risk of an unfortunate outcome should an incident occur.. In addition, regulatory professionals find value in having access to the information found on their raw material SDSs when the time comes to document everything that goes into their finished products.
Verisk 3E can alleviate much of the burden of maintaining vendor SDS data by offering a highly secure web-based application. Alternatively, we can feed robust document sets, including SDSs, compliance declarations and technical data sheets directly into an existing EHSQ, procurement, other third party system, which can significantly streamle the management of data by centralizing it into a single repository.