Emissions Monitoring for Mining / Emissions Monitoring for Smelting - Mining
The Opsis monitoring solution for mining and smelting applications is based on either DOAS or laser diode technique. Opsis non-contact monitoring solutions are very well suited for applications in the Mining and Smelting Industries, as the flue gas conditions often involves high temperatures and high dust concentrations. The on-line, open-path systems are used for monitoring HF, sulphur dioxide, SO3 and HCl in potrooms, in fence-line applications and in continuous emissions monitoring.
- Hydrogen fluoride (HF)
- Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Water vapour (H2O)
- Other gas parameters
Opsis offers two different open-path methods. One is based on the DOAS technique that has the benefit of being able to monitor multiple gases such as HF, sulphur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and water vapour (H2O). The other method is based on tuneable diode laser (TDL). Both types of systems can monitor several pot rooms or stack/ducts using one analyser. Additional parameters can be monitored.
- Automatic alignment
- Multi-gas and multi-path system
- Withstands the aggressive environment
- Monitoring along the entire potroom with one system
- Combines the benefits of UV, FTIR and TDL technology
- No sample required
- The working environment can be controlled
- The multi-path capability offers cost-effective solutions for
- monitoring several pot rooms and/or sections in the smelter
- No sensitive electronic equipment, that might be exposed to high electro-magnetic fields
- Operates with a minimum of maintenance
- Easily calibrated
- Comprehensive after-sales support
- Approved according to EN15267
Opsis offers complete software packages for data handling, including data acquisition, validation and reporting. The software meets the EC regulation for reporting.