Filtration technology for Drinking water treatment industry - Water and Wastewater - Drinking Water
The AQQA Filtration Technology is used in Drinking Water Treatment to: remove all non-dissolved substances from the water, like sediment, algea, particles, suspended solids, organic matter disinfection of the water by acting as a barrier for bacteria and virus remove particles from precipitation (removal of manganese, iron).
Overview Applications & Industries Served
AQQA Will Work In These Waters:
- water from a river or lake. Task: Make drinking water for one person (AQQA®-bag) or a village (AQQA® )
- groundwater and bank filtrate. Task: Prefiltration for drinking water treatment, remove sand, disinfection
- sea water. Task: Prefiltration for reverse osmosis desalination systems.
- rain water. Task: make drinking water from rain water, disinfection, remove suspended solids
How Do You Benefit From Using AQQA in Drinking Water Applications?
- As AQQA is designed for the tough environment of wastewater treatment, it can easily handle the amount of solids that are typically for drinking water applications.
- High output: filtration up to 100 l/m².h using air-bubble cleaning and regular chemical backflush. This mode is typically used in fixed installations like drinking water treatment plants
- Ultra-low pressure filtration: filtration with approx. 4 to 5 l/m²h without electricity and without any cleaning. This is a unique feature of the AQQA-plate: It can filtrate surface water 24 hours per day without plugging - for many months (see diagram below).