Flow Measurement In Cooling Water Tap for chemical industry - Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Fine Chemicals
Application: Closed rectangular channel, 3.8 x 3.5 m (h x w). Part filled. Walls and bottom made of concrete.
Definition of Task
- Flow within the cooling water channel has to be controlled permanently to ensure cooling process as well as pump control.
- Inflow has to be controlled due to limited volumes of the following grit separators.
- Flow shall be detected continuously even in case of fluctuating water levels.
- A transit time measurement Type NivuChannel has been used due to the clean medium.
- Rod sensors have been used, allowing to select holders which enable sensor removal from the outside under operating conditions. The sensor holders have been installed in the top area since the water level cannot be lowered for a longer period. This allows to remove the sensors from above for maintenance purposes.
- Easy and robust installation
- Sensors can be removed or maintained under operating conditions
- High-accurate flow detection