Flow measurement in turbine intake for power plants - Energy - Power Distribution
Application: Rectangular channel 7.8 x 2.0 m (w x h). Part filled. Concrete walls due to bridge. Natural bed.
Definition of Task
- Turbine intake shall be controlled permanently in order to make sure not to unload too much water from the river.
- This is to ensure not to underload turbines due to low flow volumes but to switch the pumps off instead.
- A transit time measurement Type NivuChannel has been used due to water quality and low suspended solids content.
- A measurement point underneath a bridge has been selected in order to obtain the best possible profile shape.
- The natural bed is tending to crossflow effects. Two measurement paths have been installed crosswise to compensate these effects.
- Easy and robust installation
- High accuracy
- Reproducibility of readings
- Reliability under all process conditions