Flowing Waters - Flood Protection solutions for Flow Measurement Protected Area Drainage - Water and Wastewater - Stormwater
Application: Steel pipeline DN 500. Fully filled. Groundwater without any pollution. Measurement system permanently immersed. due to short calming section.
Definition of Tasks
- Detection of drained volumes in the low-lying protective dyke area of a large German river
- High measurement accuracy despite short calming section
- Immersed pumps and permanently overflown calming section require IP 68 for the sensors used
- Maintenance-free measurement system required due to inaccessible measurement point
- Due to the lack of reflecting particles in the medium the ultrasonic transit time measurement Type NivuFlow 600 was used.
- To achieve high accuracy and to compensate the swirl downstream of the pumps a crosswise 2-path measurement with 4 sensors was installed.
- To avoid maintenance measures the velocity sensors were installed directly inside of the pressurised line using welded nozzles and clamping elements.
- High accuracy, reliability and free of maintenance