Gas phase reduction technology solutions for military waste sector - Waste and Recycling
The Natural Energy Solution uses a proprietary, patented process called Gas Phase Reduction (”GPR”). This is a highly effective, non-incineration method that destroys all hazardous organic waste. The Natural Energy Process is a proven, non-incineration technology for the destruction of hazardous organic chemicals on a full commercial scale.
- This includes the successful destruction of chemical warfare agents for the US Army.
- This includes the successful destruction of artillery shell propellants and rocket fuel.
The hazardous waste destruction application is the ‘Heritage Application’ for Natural Energy Systems.
- GPR was invented to provide a non-incineration solution for the destruction of hazardous organic waste.
GPR technology has been successfully applied to pesticides, dioxins, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), and chemical warfare agents.
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons, such as PCBs are chemically reduced to a clean burning renewable fuel comprised of methane or natural gas and Hydrogen Chloride (HCl).
- The HCl is further reduced to Sodium Chloride (NaCl).
- No pathogens or toxic chemicals are left to further harm the environment.
The technology is suitable for hazardous organic wastes in all matrices including soil, sediment, sludge, high-strength oils, watery wastes, and bulk solids such as electrical equipment, equipment casings, drums, and other such harmful remnants. The technology achieves total destruction efficiencies (DEs), for Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and other substances of concern that approach 100%. Extensive testing of the technology by accredited third parties, has demonstrated destruction efficiencies that exceed 99.9999% (six nines) for all POPs wastes tested. The residual material is comprised mostly of crystallized silica and traces of elemental carbon.